Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Tool

aiubxh8
7 - Meteor

I am trying to help a colleague download the Publish to Tableau tool, and while following the "How-to" guide found in another post on the community, neither of us are able to access the link provided (https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/58f7e758a18e9e18fcad65a7).

The page just says "Loading" for an endless amount of time. Any thoughts on why we are having trouble accessing this page?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Out team was temporarily working on the macro. You can find the newest version here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server--Installer-/5926021ceffc2a0b7cc2bc44

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Antai
5 - Atom

Hi,

I clicked the link provided and it returns a "page not found" alteryx page

Antai
5 - Atom

That's awesome, thanks it worked

Please how can I install this tool on my designer tool pane to use. 

I clicked the Install link and it provides me with a zip file which I unzip and I clicked the .yxmc and it ultimately opens a workflow for this as opposed to adding to my tool pane as i wanted so I can use in other workflows I am building

Antai
5 - Atom

Hey,

Just to update.. I did find it as it does install the tool but you have to use the right arrow on the tool pane to scroll all the way to the last tab which it adds for tableau and its in there!

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Main folder after unzipping the tool. I don't see any installation files.Main folder after unzipping the tool. I don't see any installation files.Subfolder of downloaded tool files. I don't see any installation files.Subfolder of downloaded tool files. I don't see any installation files.After opening the unzipped .yxmc file, I do not see any new additions in the tool palleteAfter opening the unzipped .yxmc file, I do not see any new additions in the tool pallete

Still not working for me:

As Antai described - I downloaded to tool and after unzipping I had a bunch of Alteryx files, but I did not see any installation files.

However, when Antai opened the macro, his tool pallete updated. Mine did not.

Can anyone provide additional information on how to get the tool installed?

I am running Alteryx Designer 11.3.

FYI - I'm pretty new to Alteryx.

Thanks!

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

So, I did some more digging and I found that I can right-click in the workspace and choose "insert" and then "Macro" and then place the macro...

Is this the solution?

I was hoping to get it set up in the palette...

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JDelgado - which browser did you use to download? If IE, try Chrome or Firefox. It should download as a .yxi file that has an orange icon:

PjgrY3

You can just double-click and it will prompt you to install:

DWFDbd

And that's it! You shouldn't have to restart Designer, just go to the far right of the Tool Palette and you will see a Tableau category

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!  I was using I.E.

I will give it a try with Chrome and see if it's different.

Labels