Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need more advanced parameters interface

lmanire
5 - Atom

I have apps where, along with normal parameters, I need to allow the user to set some values in a table that contains about 7 columns and up to 200 rows and then use it in a workflow.  Of course, Alteryx interface items can't do this so I have to do it externally with something like Excel.  Has anybody found a better external method for such editing that works well with Alteryx?  Ideally I'd have a GUI or HTML5 based form that would prompt for all the parameters including the table then call Alteryx to use them either writing them out for Alteryx to read or passing them in via the API.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are the values that they are changing the same every time?  Is there a pattern to what they will change?  I.E. can they enter some values and then have the fields be updated via formula?  Alternatively, it might be possible to use a text box for entry with specified delimeters that gets parsed to the required fields.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

lmanire
5 - Atom
No, unfortunately the user needs to be able to set values individually for
single rows, as well as ideally be able to select a bunch of rows and set
them with the same value.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@lmanire perhaps you are looking for something similar to this idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/New-user-Interface-Tool-Grid-system-to-update.... We have not found a good way to do what you're asking with Alteryx's current capabilities.

lmanire
5 - Atom

Yes, that would help a lot.  

Labels