Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

My First Report - Need Help with Layout

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI Everyone,

I am trying my first report and I cannot get the report to format properly.  I am trying to get the scheduledstartdate to be the group but the report keeps marking it as "record 1".

I am trying to get a report to group by:

1. Scheduled Start Date
    1. LastName
    2. Docket Number

I have also attached a sample report of what I would like it to look like.  If you notice, there is a large blank space to the right for the Event Judge.  This section is hand written by a clerk as progress check.  Can I incorporate a blank area into a report?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Take a look at the attached. Made a few tweaks, I think this will give you what you need?

1. I used Summarize tool to group by date/docket number/OTN, but it works the same as Unique, so no difference there, just a personal preference.

2. Skipped the first record to get rid of the line with the NULL values

3. Added a Formula for Event Judge that is a "" blank record. This will give you your blank column that you can use to fill in for your output.

4. For the table, I grouped by ScheduleStartDt, then unclicked that field in the Per Column Configuration below.

5. Added a Report Text that puts the ScheduleStartDt as the header above the table created in the prior tool.

Does this get you closer? :)

NJ

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

THis is great.  I was able to tweak it a bit and add an email attachment based upon successful completion.  The only thing I can figure out is how to get page breaks after each schedule start date?

Labels