Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep Source Data Like in a Pivot Table

tjwall34
5 - Atom

Hello,

When you create a pivot table in Excel, you can double click on the values and retrieve that specific data. Is there a way to do this in Alteryx? Can you keep the source data when using the summarize tool or do you do it in some other way?

In the end, we are sending out reports to various process managers that will show how old certain requests are. The requests will be divided into muliple aging buckets and summarized. I would like the managers to be able to double click on specific buckets and retrieve the data.

Does anyone have a solution for this type of thing?

Much appreciated.  

Tyler

2 REPLIES 2
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi Tyler,

There are two options. You can use Excel as the final file to give to your clients and use Alteryx to update the data within the excel file (using an append data or replace worksheet for your output tool) or you can use a visualization tool like Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI to reach the same effect. I know in later releases of 10.X there will be a more dynamic/interactive versions of creating reporting from Alteryx but right now the data will remain static.

My suggestion would be to export to the Excel file and you wont have to build anything new for now, until you are comfortable with the datasource change. 

tjwall34
5 - Atom

Thank you so much for the reply.

Do you have any knowledge of when that version will be released?

Labels