Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Joining Collections To Apps via Mongo

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Anyone know how to tie together a collection to the apps within it?  I'm looking at the various IDs in the AS_Applications, and collections, and can't seem to find a way to do this.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mbarone I think could do it if you use the appInfos table in the Mongo to link the collections table to the AS_Applications table. The collections table has fieldnames like "Apps.579e1230aoeoeuc19239". This 579e1230aoeoeuc19239 will match up with the data in the _id field in the appInfos table which would be formatted like this

{ "$oid" : "579e1230aoeoeuc19239 " }

Then the appInfos table also has a ServiceId field, which the data would then match with the _id field of the AS_Appliciations (again accounting for the strange formatting of the AS_id field). When working with these tables, I usually use a formula tool to replace the { "$oid" : " and " } parts with nothing so that it's just the id left.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Thanks. I will try hooking up those ids. I must not have noticed up the appinfos table. I used to use regex for those ids, but I discovered the "service parser" macro. It takes care of it for you. Thanks for your help.

FYI....I have my service rep looking into why mongo won't capture the run in real time (or on a10 second delay even).
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks, that worked.  I was actually able to just use the Collections and appsinfo from Mongo.  appsinfo has an IsDeleted, version, and app name so I could get it all from there and hook it up to the Collections.

Did you just figure this out by experience, or do you know of any reference material for the Mogno structure and how the various tables join?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mbarone Just poking around the Mongo files. I haven't found any documentation on the inner workings of the Mongo. There is a massive amount of valuable data saved there. 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Me too.  Yes, there's a ton.  Using the mongo inputs is much more efficient than combing through log files!