Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to configure JavaScript Plugin Output Only Connector

stizz001
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am taking the example given with the install called JavascriptPluginExample and modifying it for my use.  Currently, I do not need it to have an input and an output. Instead, it only needs an output.  However, when I try to remove this....

<InputConnections>
<Connection Name="Input1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="True" Type="Connection" Label="T"/>
</InputConnections>

From the Config file, and then remove...

IncomingConnections: [{
type: "Input1",
GroupInfo: {
count: 0,
grouping: "false"
}
}],

from the engine file, the connector will not longer work and instead take forever to run, and then timeout.  I guess I am just confused as to what all needs to be removed from these files to get it to be only an output connector and have no input. In a response, if you could take the example given in the install, and remove what all needs removing for it to work, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Steven

1 REPLY 1
stizz001
5 - Atom

For those of you that are confused as I was on what to remove from the JavascriptPluginExample, it is actually quite easy. All you have to do is remove the following 3 lines from the Config file....

<InputConnections>
<Connection Name="Input1" AllowMultiple="False" Optional="True" Type="Connection" Label="T"/>
</InputConnections>

And then in the Engine file, you change the DefineConnections function like....

Alteryx.Plugin.DefineConnections = function () {
      return {
         IncomingConnections: [],
         OutgoingConnections: [{
              name: "Output"
         }]
     };
};

After these changes, I no longer get the timeout errors and everything looks and works correctly.Hope this helps at least one person out there.

Labels