Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error when attempting to publish to Mainframe

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I have a workflow that outputs to an Access Dbase and that works just fine.  However, if I add another output to also push the results up to our Mainframe I get an error message: "Output Data (38) Error creating table [tbl and Teradata mentioned here] Syntax error: Data Type "text" does not match a Defined Type name. ¶CREATE  MULTISET  TABLE [tbl and field names mention here]".  What is strange is if I take the Alteryx created Access Dbase and create another workflow and push that out to Production - it works fine.  Another strange wrinkle is if I add a single tool (any tool) between the dbase and the output in this new, work around, workflow - I get the same error.  Anyone run into this?  Any ideas on solution?  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

the type "Text" is used in some places as a super-long character field.

Have you tried using a select tool to explicitly shorten your strings to the right size, or using an auto-field tool to do this?

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I'll give it a shot.  Thx.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

With the Select tool, I already had fields shortened as much as I dared.  Nothing over 60.  Adding the Auto Field gave strange results.  Example the two character State field went from 2 to 255 - so I took that out.  It also caused the creation of the Access dbase to fail.  Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll need to keep trying.  Like I say, I can create another workflow to push up the dbase that was just created.  Input/dbase ==> output/mainframe.  But if I put one single tool - any tool - between the two then that push up fails for same reason.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Deleted Output tool and created a new one and that solved everything - even though I see nothing different between the old and new output variables.

Labels