Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Download Multiple Outputs from the Gallery at Once

DultonM
11 - Bolide

Hello Community!

My company has an app that uses a batch macro and reporting tools to create a 1-page PDF report for each ID a user enters. If the user enters 100 IDs, 100 output files are produced. All the reports that are produced need to be downloaded. As you can imagine, it is painful to download 100 files from the Gallery when you have to download them one at a time. Is there a way to download multiple outputs from an app in the Gallery all at once?

Options that are NOT allowed are combining the 100 reports into a single PDF or writing the reports to a network location (they need to be downloaded from the app's results page in the Gallery).

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DultonM,

can you use a command prompt on your server to zip the files and download the one zip?

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
DultonM
11 - Bolide

Hi @MarqueeCrew! I was really hoping there would be an out of the box for this. I think your solution could work; I'll have to find some time someday to develop such a script. In the meantime, I'll post this as an Idea. Thanks!

davecodling
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Have there been any developments on this problem?  I have an analytic app which produces 68 output files and using the Command Tool to zip them is not an option.

Thanks.

williamchan
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

Apparently Alteryx has created functionality for inputs, however they stopped short for outputs due to lack of demand. I've submitted this as an idea below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Output-to-batched-zip-file-for-csv-pdf-xlsx/...

Please support this idea if you think it should be added as well.

Thank you.

William Chan | @WilliamChan | LinkedIn

Alteryx Transportation and Montreal User Group Co-Leader

Alteryx Core Certified

Business Analyst, Distribution and Payments | Air Canada

alteryx-sig.JPG