Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro and Filter Functions

jbuzzotta
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am attempting to develop a batch macro function that allows a user to enter text which would in turn update the criteria of a filter within the macro. I have attached a screenshot of the macro I am attempting to run. I was just curious as to whether anybody knows how to get this function to work where the macro is input into a regular workflow, the user can enter a value (in this case, a 5-character value) that does an initial filter of the data and then a second value (same format as before) which then does a second filter later in the workflow.

In this case, it is for medical billing where we are trying to first identify an initial population of claims based on the primary procedure code and then trying to determine how frequently a specific secondary procedure is billed with the primary procedure on the same patient claim.

Here is a screenshot of the what I am attempting to run below:

batchmacro.png

Thanks!

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jbuzzotta,

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.  I encourage you to consider options to the ask.  In looking at the picture of your workflow I see that both filters look at [CPT].  I imagine that a claim (or billing) has an ID field with many rows of data.  I might create a table of all combination of procedure codes and use that for analysis.  If you opt to go with your existing macro, I think that you will have success in a Standard Macro.  Simply update the filter for CPT values from 2 questions.

Here is a picture of the analysis file that I am suggesting:

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 10.27.35 AM.png

I'm happy to help you in finishing off your macro if you want to do that.  If you post the file of the macro, I'll take a look at it.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
jbuzzotta
5 - Atom

Hi Mark-

Sorry for the delay in the response, I was working through your solution.

This appears to be what we were looking for and are still currently working a flow based on what you suggested. If we run into any further issues I'll let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to help with this issue!

Best,

Jeff

Labels