Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App date selector - Incorrect dates picked up

Kieran
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have an issue with a workflow published to our Alteryx Gallery. It's set up to take FROM and TO dates as parameters but for some reason when I run it from the gallery, it minuses 1 day from each of the dates.

I've stripped down the workflow and attached it. In the example below, I selected May 15th to May 19th. When I ran the flow, it emails me the selected dates, which came back as May 14th to May 18th.

AlteryxDatesIssue.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Kieran I've temporarily placed a modified version of @SeanAdams app in the public alteryx gallery. When I select 5/22/2017 as the from date and 5/23/2017 as to the to date, it spits out those dates as I expect. I'm trying to slim this down and remove as many possible hiccups as possible. Here's my suggestion:

1) Go to the app: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/AnalyticAppDatesv2/59315735a18e9e0240641a96.

2) Open "Inspect" (F12 in chrome).

3) Run the app and choose May 22 and May 23.

4) Open the resulting csv in notepad (not excel).

5) See if the csv has the correct dates for newfromdate and newtodate.

6a) If it looks ok, then download the app and repeat steps 1-5 in your private server to see if that makes a difference.

6b) If it doesn't look ok in the public gallery or private gallery, then look at your inspect >>network tab to see what data was passed to the alteryx server. Here is what mine looks like (notice the request payload at the bottom has the correct dates).

Capture.PNG

Kieran
7 - Meteor

Yeah that's interesting. Looks like the incorrect date is being passed to the server. I've checked this in explorer and Firefox and got the same outcome:
AlteryxDatesIssue.jpg

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Kieran This is a fascinating find. I think that this is a bug you should report to support@alteryx.com. 

For what it's worth, I was able to replicate your issue if I changed my computer's time zone to Ireland and then used IE. Using Chrome, even with my fake Ireland time zone, seemed to produce the correct answer though. I wonder if it works backwards, where you could change your time zone to the US and then it would produce the correct results in IE. 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@patrick_digan - great idea to put this on the public gallery - I'm a bit bashful that I didn't think of that myself.   :-) also learned something new from you with the idea of opening up the inspect window.

Thank you  on both fronts!

ChristianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi All

Thanks for the outputs and feedback.  I can confirm we are able to replicate this issue on our latest Server version and we will be escalating internally to find the root cause.  As a workaround please use Chrome instead of IE.  However, if you must use IE from your client then you can change your Date Time Zone to match the Server Time Zone and this should generate the correct results.

Christian Rincon
Manager, Customer Support
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels