Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi there Alteryx team - can we get this included in the main product?    this is such a common need that it would be valuable to just make this part of the Alteryx installer

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@SeanAdams --

I agree for sure. This is what everyone is moving towards, but the tool is still baking as it's not yet perfect, but certainly getting there. @AlteryxProducts 

Thanks,

Seth

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Would love for more file formats to be added. Especially PDF!!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar
martman
8 - Asteroid

How do you use this sharepoint files Input/Output despite entering my details I get Error: SharePoint Files Input (1): User must be logged in.

Are there any sample workflows out there?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@AlteryxProducts 

In using the SP File Output to append data to an existing file/sheet and I'm seeing two issues that I'd like to get your feedback on.

1. Unlike the normal output tool when set to append to existing sheet where the formatting of the existing data is untouched, this tool clears out ALL formatting and formulas of the target sheet.
  2. And probably the more critical problem, the formatting and formulas for all other sheets the workbook contained is also cleared out.
    1. Additionally, when the option "Write Headers" is unchecked, the headers of the other sheets are removed entirely.

Is this the expected behavior of this tool? I can live with the formatting of the target sheet being cleared but is there something I've missed so that the other sheets are NOT impacted?

Kintnerjay
5 - Atom

@AlteryxProducts 

This tool is awesome to see! I am curious however as to the usability through the gallery? During my attempts at running this tool through the gallery I receive "Failed to authenticate" error. Is this tool compatible with running from the gallery as of yet or am I too soon?

cassidyclemmer
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Kintnerjay 

Hey there, Cassidy from the Customer Support team here!

In order to use this tool on the Server, you'll need to check the Use as service principal (app-only authentication) so that your token has an extended expiration.  You can find more information here: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/sharepoint-files-input-tool and here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/app-objects-and-service-principals

If you're still having issues, please reach out to Customer Support so we can assist you.

Cassidy Clemmer | Customer Support Engineer

mattvandivier
6 - Meteoroid

Wow - I didn't even know this existed until today. This needs to be broadcasted more widely - I can't tell you how many times clients have inquired about the functionality this tool finally accomplishes.

VPopescu
5 - Atom

Hello - is there any way to get a link to download Connector version 1.0.4 (I am running Alteryx Designer Version: 2021.2.2.45235).  Based on my quick scanning of the tools setup site (https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/sharepoint-files-input-tool)  I don't think the latest version will work for me given my Alteryx version.

Thank you!

JakubSt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @VPopescu ,

this page's description contains links to older versions of SharePoint Files, including 1.0.4. 

I'm adding the link here as well: https://downloads.alteryx.com/Tools/SharePointFiles_v1.0.4.yxi

Ekim12
5 - Atom

@AlteryxProducts 

This seems like the answer I'm looking for. I'm unsure where to download. Right now I put it in my Bin folder but again, I'm not sure if that is the right location.

Alteryx bin.PNG

Once I put it in the appropriate location, should it appear in the Data sources part of the Input tool?

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Ekim12,

You shouldn't need to put this anywhere yourself, but will need to install the .yxi file that is downloaded. You can install this by double clicking the file, or opening from within Alteryx.

Once it's installed, it will show up in your connectors category (not your regular input tool)

Joe_Lipski_0-1645182144744.png

caitlynmcintyre
9 - Comet

@AlteryxProducts why does the files option not allow you to list the site url when using client id/secret? When I try to connect nothing happens

I currently use OAuth and the Sharepoint REST API in an alteryx workflow to move files but that still requires the site URL. Is the lack of URL input an oversight or intentional?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @caitlynmcintyre, the Files are using Graph API, which allows user to select the desired site from the list of sites available for the user. Thus the authentication does not ask for Site, as it is not needed for the authentication. The Site selection happens in the next step. 

The List option, however, is using the Sharepoint API, which does require the Site to be provided in order to successfully authenticate. 

Matt19
7 - Meteor

Just for clarification of what was said above by @cassidyclemmer, is there no way to use this tool on server with the "Sign in via Internet Browser" connection option? I don't foresee our users knowing how to obtain ClientID, Secret or Tenant ID, so I am really hoping there is an alternative to that. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Matt19 , the latest version - 2.0.1 - is using different authentication flow "behind the scenes", which is valid for 6 months on contrary to the 24 hours in the previous versions. So if you are using that one, it should be possible to schedule it in Server as well. However, after 6 months you will have to re-open it in Designer, authenticate again and publish back.

QuantumViridis
7 - Meteor

I expect that I must be doing something wrong, attempting to connect using the SharePoint Files input (version 2.01) in Designer (version 2021.3.5.03604 non-Admin)

My URL is formatted: https://oxxxxx4.sharepoint.com/sites/At/Shared%20Documents/Workflow/Catalog.xlsx

I received the URL by clicking on "Copy Path" in the Excel file's Info screen.  I removed "?web=1"

Using "Provide Username, Password and URL" authentication I get the error:

Failed to connect to SharePoint
Failed to connect to Sharepoint. Check the provided information and try again.

Error Code 401

Using "Connect to URL using Windows Account" authentication I get the error:

Failed to connect to SharePoint
Failed to connect to Sharepoint. Check the provided information and try again.

Error Code 403

Using the "Sign in via Internet Browser", I am taken to the Approval Required screen.  When I enter a reason, I am taken to the Request Pending screen.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @QuantumViridis , according to your URL, you are using Sharepoint 365, hence only the first two auth methods apply. 

If you are getting Approval Required, you should provide the reason and submit the Request to your Azure Admins to approve the OAuth app. Or ask for a new app to be created according to the Help page and provide its Client ID, Secret Value and Tenant ID using the second auth method. 

Ekim12
5 - Atom

Hi @AlteryxProducts ,

Following up here, I created a sharepoint app and generated a Client ID, Client Secret, and I have the Tenet ID. I input all that information into the Sharepoint Connector then clicked "Connect" and nothing happens. Is there a step that I am missing?

SharepointFilesConnector.PNG

I also selected "Use as service principal app" and nothing happens.

Jeremy
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with this tool.

When I import a CSV files with comma delimiter, the output tables is not split in column. I should have 7 columns in the final result.

Has someone already had this issue before ?

Jeremy_0-1647629339434.png

Thank you !

JakubSt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jeremy,

from the screenshot, I can't really tell what the issue could be - however comma delimiters should be working fine. Would you be willing to send us the CSV file that you're trying to input, so that we can try to replicate your issue? 

Thank you!

Jeremy
7 - Meteor

HI @JakubSt,

Thanks for your answer.

It seems I am not authorized to sent xlsx or csv files through this message window...

Robbobu1
7 - Meteor

I am having the same response as @Ekim12.  Is there any update on what might be the cause?

Jeremy
7 - Meteor

Same issue as @Robbobu1 and @Ekim12 so I had to "Sign in via internet browser" and it worked !

JakubSt
Alteryx
Alteryx

To follow up on @Jeremy's issue with inputting CSV, the solution was to change the "Code Page" field to UTF-8 SIG.

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

@VojtechT 

Can you clarify whether it is possible or not to schedule on server using the "Sign in via internet browser" authentication with the latest version of the tool?

On earlier versions it does not seem to work. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @GloriousWater , technically all the versions can be scheduled on the Server, but the 1.x.x had token valid only for 24 hours, so basically useless for scheduling purposes.

Any 2.x.x is using different auth flow and thus the token is valid for 6 months, after which you will have to re-open the workflow in Designer, re-authenticate all the sharepoint files tools and publish back. 

But we're already working on a solution to overcome this issue as well, so hopefully you won't have to do this more than once. 

Jeremy
7 - Meteor

Hi again,

Do you know if it´s possible to have an output .csv files with the columns already split ?

It's possible to do it with the "Output Data" files so I would like to do it with the sharepoint tools !

Thanks team !

GloriousWater
8 - Asteroid

@VojtechT 

I'm currently stuck using the 1.0.4 version due to the server version we are on.

If I save the workflow on a shared drive, and read the workflow as an XML file, i can see that the access and refresh tokens are saved. But as soon as i open the workflow from a different computer, the xml tab of the tool will show the tokens as blank. Like it wont read the tokens. And then requires me to sign in again.

I believe the same happens when I publish to our server, as I get an authentication error when running it from the gallery.

What does work however, is to authenticate from the server, and then schedule the workflow through the list runner with the credentials of the user that saved it on the server. 

The 24hour duration of the token isn't really a problem for us.

Have you encountered this issue before or have any input?

billy_jackson
5 - Atom

I'm getting this on install.

billy_jackson_0-1648245971551.png

nitin_l
7 - Meteor

I use Alteryx Version 2021.1.4.26400. Please suggest the compatible Sharepoint Files Tool.

Thanks

clarab
Alteryx
Alteryx

@nitin_l Please use the current version which is 2.0.1 at this time.

NigelW
7 - Meteor

Hi, Great tool but can you please add support for additional excel files such as .XLSM

thanks

Nigel

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jrgo , I can confirm the behaviour you are describing. The latest version (2.1.0) contains fix for removing of the headers from other sheets. Unfortunately, the issue with formatting being lost still prevails, because we need to read the data and create a new file we upload and the API returns only the data, not the formats. 

In the future, we plan to add the option to download files only, so you could manipulate it via the regular Input/Output tools and then upload back into Sharepoint, which should resolve the issue.

Matt19
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to overwrite just one sheet of a xlsx file with this tool? It looks like the "Overwrite" option overwrites the entire file not just the selected sheet. 

Rahul3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @VojtechT ,

I'm getting the below error while installing the above tool version 1.1.1. I'm using Alteryx 2019.3.5.

Rahul3_0-1649856383929.png

Ca you please advise.

--

Thanks

Rahul

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Matt19 , the most recent version, i.e. 2.1.0, does indeed provide such option - Overwrite (Sheet). 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Rahul3 , the Sharepoint 1.1.1 requires at least Designer 21.2.2 as mentioned in the release notes. The one you have - 2019.3 - is too old for this tool, unfortunately.

Nicholas_Sinclair
7 - Meteor

Hi, i get the below error when installing.

Nicholas_Sinclair_0-1649950099782.png

I am on version 2019.4.8.22007

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Nicholas_Sinclair  -  the Sharepoint v2.1.0 requires at least Designer 21.3.4 as mentioned in the release notes. The one you have - 2019.4 - is too old for this tool, unfortunately.  Please see release notes for the different versions and their compatible Designer version.  Example:

MichelleL_0-1649952058929.png

Nicholas_Sinclair
7 - Meteor

Hi @MichelleL thanks for that, i missed the version issue.

Whilst i try and upgrade, can you tell me if the List Input tool has the option for pulling all versions of a list item (similar to using &IncludeVersions=TRUE)?

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Nicholas_Sinclair I'm unable to test that out due to system limitations on my end.

@VojtechT may know the answer to your question: Whilst i try and upgrade, can you tell me if the List Input tool has the option for pulling all versions of a list item (similar to using &IncludeVersions=TRUE)?

shaely1025
5 - Atom

First of all, it's great that Alteryx already added this capability. Looks like it's working. But I wanted to know if it's possible to extract the latest file from the Sharepoint site if there are multiple files in a folder?

mmonzon
5 - Atom

Hello

I am using the "SharePoint Files Input Tool" to extract data from a list.  I am able to select the list and the view (screenshot),

In sharepoint that list view only shows items with status MOVED but when the data is extracted in Alteryx it does not pull the data considering the sharepoint list view filters and bring all the data again. 

As workaround I used a Filter , that worked until my list reached 10K since that connector only extract 10K items and always extract the same items since no filter is applied at the time to extract. 

Also, I noticed the connector is also pulling duplicate data, that is why I have to us a unique after applying the filter. 

Does anybody know if this is a bug? Or there is something wrong with my flow.

I am using SharePointFiles_v2.1.0 , Alteryx designer Version: 2021.3.4.00445

mmonzon_0-1652357329514.png

mmonzon_1-1652357334648.png

mmonzon_2-1652357351293.png

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I am getting this error repeatedly even though I am 99% sure I have input the proper Client ID, Client Secret and Tenant.  The web browse is still prompting for me to pick and user... is that the issue? is there something else I should be doing differently? 

This is the error: 

AADSTS90036: An unexpected, non-retryable error stemming from the directory service has occurred.

Using the latest version of the SharePoint tool and 2021.4.2 for Alteryx Designer. 

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

Downloaded the 1.1 version. but after reading this also downloaded the 2.1 version.

in both version i cannot get it to work.

V1.1 --> after 24 hours the token expires

Note: I've seen the discussion above and this was a 'design feature' so for my purpose the v1.1 is useless.

Quick question to Alteryx and or Alteryx empoyers? was the V1.1 tested trying to connect to a sharepoint environment?  especially using an client ID, Secret ID and Tenant ID?

because when i open the WF in notepad++ the xml is still refering to the basic internet browser connection.

MartWClimber_0-1653905494214.png

V2.1 --> I cannot connect to the sharepoint environment. When I press connect nothing happens.

Designer Version: 2021.3.3.63061 

Note: I know that this says 2021.3.4 or later. but I've got some tools also saying this and they work.

is there a way to get this solved?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MartWClimber ,

the 21.3.4 is really a hard requirements, because it relies on a piece of code that is not present in the 21.3.3 Designer. 

And for the first question - yes, it was indeed tested. Do I understand correctly that you actually did provide the Client ID, Tenant ID and Client Secret values, but when your wf is saved, those values are not present? 

Tybo
7 - Meteor

Any possibility of having backwards compatibility with earlier versions of Alteryx? I'm running 2020.2.3... because my company server is that version and I'm not sure if updating is an option at the moment.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tybo , unfortunately not. 

20.2.3 is actually not supported anymore, so you should really consider upgrading.