Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thank you, this is cool!

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @DawnDuong,

Congratulations on being the Ace User - 2022.

Thank You Very Much for your Kind Words & checking out the Workflow. I hope it's useful for you and other Users using Alteryx. Feel free to edit the workflow as per your data requirements.

If you found the above workflow useful in anyway then do support by sharing it with your peers.

Thanks Once Again.
Have a Great Week up ahead.

Best Regard,
Allwyn Thomas

saiirangam
8 - Asteroid

This is Interesting, thank you for posting this 

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

I appreciate that you found the workflow useful. Thanks@saiirangam for sharing your views. Regards

NadiaFS
7 - Meteor

This is great! Does it also work for XLSM format's?

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hello @NadiaFS,

Glad to know that you found it useful.

I have not tested the workflow for Excel Macro Files. But it would be interesting to try it out. 

Kindly modify the workflow as per your requirements and do comment if it worked on your Excel Macro Workbooks and how it solved your Business Problem.

Regards,

Allwyn Thomas 

NadiaFS
7 - Meteor

Hi @allwynthomas24 

Are you able to please share your input file? I am not sure I fully understand the XML Parse tool yet. I tried to recreate it, but I think I am missing something. 

Do you know if it is possible to keep formula already existing in an input/Original Excel Workbook? I have many reports that Sum specific rows for Assets, Liabilities, Equity etc. I have some Columns with Sum's but many Rows with Sum's. Any help would be much appreciated!

Aidan

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hello @NadiaFS & Aidan,

The input file that I used in my solution workflow is available in the Package itself. So when you extract the Alteryx Package, the input Excel File will be visible/accessible in the Extracted Folder.

If possible, kindly send your Excel File or a part of the excel file.
You can connect with me in Alteryx Private Messages.

Regards.

Anne-Lise
7 - Meteor

Dear Thomas!

Thank you for your workflow which is a great help. when I've tried, I'm still confronted with the problem that my formulat in the XML appears for the range ref "M2:M11". So when using the workflow, it takes the formula for the first row, but not the other ones.

RecordID c_13_OuterXML Excel                                                                                                                                           Formula
1            <c r="M2" s="13"><f t="shared" ref="M2:M11" ca="1" si="0">DATEDIF(L2,TODAY(),&quot;y&quot;)</f><v>43</v></c>    DATEDIF(L2,TODAY(),&quot;y&quot;)
2            <c r="M3" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>52</v></c>
3            <c r="M4" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>41</v></c>
4            <c r="M5" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>59</v></c>
5            <c r="M6" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>26</v></c>
6            <c r="M7" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>57</v></c>
7            <c r="M8" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>56</v></c>
8            <c r="M9" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>31</v></c>
9            <c r="M10" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>43</v></c>
10          <c r="M11" s="13"><f t="shared" ca="1" si="0"/><v>42</v></c>
11          <c r="M12" s="17"><f ca="1">SUBTOTAL(9,M2:M11)</f><v>450</v></c> SUBTOTAL(9,M2:M11)

How can I copy the found formula to my range M2:M11?

Thank you very much for your help!