Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I am a big fan of the tool and I am happy it is back on gallery @camerondsteele !

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Getting crazy...

Error: Record #1: SheetReader (77): Record #1: Tool #1: The 2017-10-10 Windows security patch prevents the Jet driver from reading .xls files; install the 2010 32-bit Access driver

Harsh_sagar
5 - Atom

Hi getting the following error : Excel File Opener (5) Tool #3: Record #2: Tool #26: The external program "..\SupportingFiles\unzip.exe" returned an error code: 9

Any idea how to manage this

prpatel
11 - Bolide

@camerondsteele  I'm new to Alteryx, but your macro really saved me a ton of time.  However, I have excel sheets on a sharepoint site that I need to run this macro on, but your macro does not accept UNC for SharePoints.  Any thoughts on how to remedy that?

darlingdl
5 - Atom

Hi @prpatel.  Did you every resolve how to read Excel files from your SharePoint site.  I will be doing the same thing.  

Cheers!

TapasTR
7 - Meteor

Facing the same problem as @Harsh_sagar - Any solution?

prpatel
11 - Bolide

@darlingdl & @TapasTR ,

Sorry for seeing this now.  I took a different approach.  I told my users to consolidate their excels into just one file with many tabs, so I was able to bring in all tabs and append them with little issues.

This was my work around....it may not work for you.

Again...sorry for the late reply.

CZhangParis
5 - Atom

Hi @camerondsteele

Thank you very much for this great work! 

I test the workflow, it works perfectly on the old engine. However, I keep getting this error on the new Alteryx version (with AMP engine).

Error: Excel File Opener (66): Tool #5: Record #1: Tool #1: Set up a Connection to use the Tool
Error: Excel File Opener (66): Tool #5: The output connection "Output" was not valid

Any chance you will make an update to solve this issue? 

Again, many thanks in advance.

kbrezski
6 - Meteoroid

@camerondsteele @CZhangParis 

Was there a solution to the AMP engine issue?

I am having the same problem with the my workflow.

prpatel
11 - Bolide

Turn off your AMP Engine, in your settings as well as in the workflow-configuration settings.

Good luck

-prpatel.

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

My company blocked the downloading of this file. Is there anywhere else I can find this file and try?

prpatel
11 - Bolide

@JokeFun ...chances are that if they blocked the downloading of this tool from the Alteryx.com site, then they've probably blocked it from other sites.  You should contact your IT Dept. to download it for you.

Good Luck.

-prpatel.

rickey0830
8 - Asteroid

Super useful macro! Thank you :)

TinaZhao
5 - Atom

Great functionality of the tool! @camerondsteele

I am wondering is there anyway to merge the output file name as field in one column?

Asach109
5 - Atom

It was super useful macro , suddenly it stopped working. Can you upload latest version of this

HSCUBS
5 - Atom

Could you please re-upload the file? No longer available on the website.