Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
EthanRiverside
6 - Meteoroid

I tried to use the tool on Alteryx Designer 2021.3. It can publish data to Tableau Server. But it cannot create/overwrite data to Tableau Online using personal token. I can see it can get access to Tableau Online, because it shows all the project list in the tool. 

Can someone show how to do the configuration in this tool for Tableau Online to publish data? Thank you!

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

I tried to use this and it is writing out to a YXDB file on my C: drive instead of a hyper file on my Tableau Server. Is this for On Prem server and not Tableau Cloud?

-Michelle

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

@mkosmicki1 I had the same experience. I'm on Tableau Online. I swapped to this tool instead and it worked for me. I did have to create a separate PAT for each dataset since the PAT can't be used more than once at the same time but that's just a minor inconvenience. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/PAT-Publish-to-Tableau-Server/ta-p/896683 

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Aparker8709 . I'll test that one instead. We have a lot of these publishing, so maybe a Runner tool can be helpful so only one is publishing at a time.

-Michelle

twikah
5 - Atom

I am trying to schedule workflow using this publish tool, but I am getting this error:

Error publish tool.jpg

Anybody else experiencing this issue and might have a solution?

Thanks

-Twinkle