Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Rasmuslarsen
5 - Atom

Hi @MinaGO3 

Thanks for a great tool that works! This has really been causing a headache for me and this tool solved it. 

Do you know if the issue regarding two output tools will be fixed at some point? 

Best regards,

Rasmus

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

Thank you for creating this!! It works great and is the only option that has worked for me. Minor inconvenience having to create a separate PAT for each dataset, but I'm happy to be in compliance with the MFA requirement for Tableau. 

nathayoung
5 - Atom

Thank you for this.  This got me past the datetime issue with the 'new' Tableau Output tool.  I will be directing my team towards this for sure.   

Danny-Farrar
8 - Asteroid

This has saved our team a real headache with the MFA switchover (using the Tableau Output tool for larger files was simply not working) - thank you!!

lrhodig
5 - Atom

This tool doesn't work for me. I go to our Tableau Server, create a PAT in my user settings, then copy that information over to the tool in Alteryx. The tool is able to connect just fine - I am able to access the configuration page with options for Project Name, Data Source Name, etc. Unfortunately, this is as far as I get. Every time I run the workflow, I get the error "Tableau Server API Request (Sign-in) Error Code 401001: Signin Error -- The personal access token you provided is invalid."

Bonfire98A
5 - Atom

I am receiving the same error as Irhodig, in that the token works at the configuration screen, but not at actual runtime.  What is even more odd is that we have one token for which the workflow will run perfectly, but two others for which we receive the invalid token error (we have three identical workflows that publish to separate Tableau data sources; the test one works but the two production ones do not).  Our Tableau admin is not aware of any differences among the three tokens, so I am wondering if something in the tool could be causing this behavior.  

I am also in contact with Alteryx Support to see if we can get their Tableau Output tool to work, but we receive spatial data compatibility errors when we attempt to use it (the data we are publishing has a spatial component).  This is in spite of the fact that I am using the latest version of that tool (1.2.0) which supposedly supports spatial data.

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

Sometimes I have to create the PAT more than once for it to take. Some days new PATs work on the first try and some days I have to repeat the process over and over to get it to work. On rare occasions I just try again the following day. Eventually they do take for me. And just as a reminder, make sure you are using a separate PAT for each datasource since a PAT can only be used for one datasource at a time. 

Bonfire98A
5 - Atom

Thanks, Aparker8709 - very good to know, but very discouraging that PATs are turning out to be so fickle.  I will create new tokens until I get one that finally "sticks," so to speak.

Aparker8709
7 - Meteor

Yeah, not ideal but it's the only thing I've found to work. Something else to be aware of in case you didn't know... make sure to run the workflows at least once every 2 weeks if you want to keep your PATs active. Even then, they eventually time out. Keeping them active as long as possible is easier than trying to replace them all the time when they sometimes work and sometimes don't. 

Info from the Tableau website: 

Token expiry

Personal access tokens will expire if they are not used after 15 consecutive days. If they are used more frequently than every 15 days, an access token will expire after 1 year. After a year, you must create a new token. Expired personal access tokens will not display on the My Account Settings page.

ErlinaIrvine
5 - Atom

My coworkers are not able to install this tool and get this error. Do you know why they might see this error when installing the tool?

unnamed.png