Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Maxbfromsc
6 - Meteoroid

This helped fix a major project I was working on in joining against three digit Zip code ranges.
Bumping this Macro and thanks for the help!

jeanettevaladez
5 - Atom

Is there a tutorial on how to use this macro with examples?

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
amir0606
6 - Meteoroid

how install ?  

hilo
5 - Atom

I have Alteryx Designer and I would like to add Advanced Join.  How do you obtain it and add it to your tools menu?

ldwagner
6 - Meteoroid

@hilo  - there is a link to it in the 2nd paragraph of the attached

Advanced Join: value from one file is between, > or < a value from another file (alteryx.com)

You can download and then it will show up as Join In-DB in the search field

Ahlis
5 - Atom

I'm trying also to install the Advanced Join tool and I'm following the instructions on how to install custom tools in Alteryx. 
https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/install/install-custom-tools.html#idm45936843729072

However I can not seem to find "YXI" file in any of the downloaded packages here. I've opened the file I downloaded in Alteryx and it seems to contain a normal workflow.

It's my first time install a custom tool so I guess I'm missing something that will become obvious once I learn it. :)

Ahlis
5 - Atom

Answering my own comment here but I was able to find it eventually. I had missed the key information in Idwagner's post about it being found as "Join In-DB" inside of Alteryx. 

I kept searching for a tool called "Advanced join".

One think I could add to any other newbie like me that comes a long is that this tool doesn't seem to work for normal workflows, it doesn't connect. You have to use something called "In-Datebase" tools. I've yet to explore those. In my scenario I wanted to connect it to normal workflow containing formulas, filters etc.