abowers004
7 - Meteor

Practice 4 Complete

Ashley_Grimes
7 - Meteor

So close to the actual solution!

mlayten
7 - Meteor

I don't actually like the stated solution as it lists some of the items multiple times.  (Next Day Air, Next Day Air).  

I did a group by on the category and the shipping field in addition to the order number and made a cleaner flag on when an actual Technology order ships freight, rather than when a freight shipment happens on the same order as a technology object.  

But I did the concats too to prove I could.  But I didn't get the same number of repeats in the same way as the solution so I'll look at a few others

_NB
6 - Meteoroid

Didn't know the Text to Columns could split into rows. I had the Product SKU split to as many columns as needed, transformed with the arrange tool with the Product_Category and Product_Sub-Category fields as keys, then filtered off the null SKU fields; so much time wasted.

I also don't enjoy the Find and Replace tool since it leaves out a way to check if the item being replaced exists in the reference table or if it needs to be added.

Interesting how @mlayten mentioned the Shipping method or product Category end solution repeats the data. I didn't even notice until I read their post. Would be something to ponder as I know management would point this out.

lakhansuri
5 - Atom

Solution

PopsFreshenmeyer
6 - Meteoroid

Practice Exercise 4 Solution

ALexAn
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution !

corrected

ALexAn
8 - Asteroid

So true , Thank you @_NB  and @mlayten , you helped me notice that my Shipping methods were not concatenated ! Which lead to items for which orders were placed on the same day or multiple type of items which came under same order ID, to be replicated leading to duplicate entries .This went unnoticed as the other columns were dropped , I think this is the reason for the duplicate value.

dchristian
7 - Meteor

let's go!