Excited to share my approach for the 2nd Alteryx exercise I attempted today.
Here's how I tackled it:
1. Combined Start 2.1 and Start 2.2 using the Union tool, resulting in 10 records in the output anchor.
2. Identified unique customers using the Unique tool, which yielded 9 records in the 'U' output anchor.
3. Text Input file parsing steps:
- Split the values in the 'Field 1' column using the Text to Column tool with the delimiter '|'.
- Utilized the Select tool to retain only the 5 new columns. The new column 2 represents the customer ID.
- Renamed all 5 resulting columns to 'Name', 'Customer ID', 'Address', 'City', and 'Zip' respectively using the Select tool.
- At this stage, there were 10 records displayed in the output anchor of the Select tool.
4. Employed the Join tool to merge the output anchor of the Unique tool with the output anchor of the Select tool using the 'Customer ID' column.
5. After running the workflow, 6 matching records were displayed, reflecting the final state input.