Portland, OR

Welcome to the Portland User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Portland User Group!

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Portland User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
5 REPLIES 5
SamHenoch
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

My name is Sam Henoch, I've been using Alteryx for around 7 months now.

I've been in healthcare for most of my professional life, however I've just recently made a shift into the apparel industry. Currently, I'm with the NA Analytics group at Nike and absolutely loving it.

The last movie I went to was Batman v Superman. I own or at least have read most of the Detective Comics since the mid 80's up through New 52 so...from a Batman canon perspective I was a little disappointed but from a Zach Snyder/general movie goer persepctive...meh...

I'd say the Unique tool describes me the most since I love coming up with new ways to solve data/analytics questions and issues.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Portland user group meetings!

AbbyH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi all!

My name is Abby and I am a business operations analyst with Alteryx (based out of Portland). I was previously an analyst in higher education, but I made the switch to Alteryx after getting introduced to the software and realizing what a game changer for analytics work it is.

Last movie I went to in the theater was Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I guess I don't go to movies that frequently! I am a big fan of the original trilogy and I kept my expectations low for this one. I liked it a lot. I thought it captured the spirit (and camp) of the originals well.

I'm going to go with Join Multiple as my tool, since I like to bring family and friends together for game nights, dinners, etc.

It was great meeting folks at the first group and looking forward to future meetings!

Abby Hazlett, PhD
Data Analyst, Customer Success
Alteryx
davidhenington
10 - Fireball

David Henington here! 

I've been in Healthcare Data Analytics for the past seven years or so. 

Last movie...The Revenant - it was epic! 

Ah what tool...great question lol. I'd really like to be knowledgable in all of them before I answer this question; but i'd say for now, Union. To me, it symbolizes collaboration, something I think we all need more of! 

Looking forward to working with our fantastic new group! 

Best - 

David

MattEwalt
5 - Atom

Hello all! 

I am Matt and I have been using Alteryx for nearly 2yrs primarily to optimize marketing and outreach strategies for my health care and energy clients.    

I honestly cannot remember the last movie I saw in the theater, but I did manage to get some proper time exploring 6 national parks (Rocky Mountain, Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, Bryce Canyon, & Capital Reef) in the last year :D

My favorite tool, now that's hard; I will go with the Score tool because it means that I am wrapping up a larger predictive analysis that has most likely let me play with multiple spatial and predictive tools in the process.  

It was awesome meeting everyone in our inital meeting and I am looking forward to helping the community grow.

Cheers,

Matt Ewalt

livue01
5 - Atom

Hello,

My name is Li. I work at a Credit Union based in Beaverton, OR. The last movie I went to was Fantastic Beast. I did NOT think it was as "fantastic" as the original Harry Potter series. The tool that defines me would be the "Join" tool. I'm a team player and I like to connect with people.