Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Portland, ME

6/27 | Portland ME Alteryx User Group Agenda

Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Hello everyone!  It was nice to see many of our local users out at Inspire last week!  Since we were unable to have a Q1 meeting earlier this year, this will be our first time back together in a looong time!  Our Q2 meeting is coming right up, I'm excited to catch up with you all!

Please join us next Thursday morning from 8-10am at Cloudport Coworking Multispace!  It's on Federal Street in downtown Portland.

During this meeting, we'll be covering the following topics:

• Inspire 2019 Round Up! 

Alteryx's annual Inspire conference was held in Nashville from June 10th to 14th, and it was amazing!  Hear from attendees about their experience and what their biggest takeaways were.  Didn't get a chance to attend?  Even if you did, we've got SWAG for YOU!  We picked up our fair share of t-shirts, stickers, and other swag, come earn some gear by participating!  We will have some Alteryx trivia and a few 5-minute challenges prepared, step up and SOLVE and the swag is yours!

• Apps & Chained Apps

It's been a long time since we've talked about Analytic Apps, and Chained Apps are just an extension of that powerful functionality!  In this session, you'll learn how to build your first App, deploy it to a Gallery, and take it to the next level with your first Chained App!

• Text Mining and Reporting on The Office

Can you name the Top 5 Characters in the US version of The Office by number of words spoken?  Do you think that changes if it's counted by the number of lines instead?  Answers to these burning questions and more as we mine all 9 seasons, yes even the ones after Michael left, of The Office using RegEx and other parsing techniques to discover insights from nearly 60,000 lines of text.  This exercise also uses a few tools from the Reporting palette and we'll cover how to build a PDF report in Alteryx.

Join us for all that, plus a chance to network and discover how others in the area are solving problems with Alteryx!  Hope to see you there!

1 REPLY 1
Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Here are some materials for our meeting!