Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Portland, ME

2018 Q2 User Group Meeting - Materials & Recap!

Matt_Curtis
9 - Comet

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for joining us on Thursday.  I've attached all the materials from the meeting and have summarized the meeting below.  If you have any questions or follow ups, feel free to ask away!  See you next quarter, which will likely be mid-September!  Thanks again!

Portland, Maine Q2 Alteryx User Group meeting recap:

8:00 - 8:20  Welcome and Introductions -- A good networking opportunity and a quick whip around the room to do introductions for all!

8:20 - 9:00  Alteryx Inspire, the Community, & AFG - We covered our trips to Inspire, what's the latest with the NEW Community layout and all its great content, and spent a few minutes covering Alteryx for Good and why I think it's important that we push ourselves into the community to do some good!  Big strides made to identify a few use cases and to get the ball rolling!

9:00 - 9:05  Greg DiRobbio from Arkatechture gave us a quick update on what's new in 2018.2 and what to expect next.

9:05 - 9:20  John Deterling from Arkatechture showed us two great ways to use the Transpose tool to get more done, more quickly!  The two cases covered: Bulk Calculations (applying the same formula to many columns) and File Comparisons (comparing the schema and values of two data sets to test if they're identical).

9:20 - 9:45  I (Matt Curtis from Vets First Choice) covered two topics:  Defensive Configuration (a plug for the Alteryx Podcast, episode 4), which was about the Message and Test tools and how easy it can be to build workflows with a test and development mindset up front!  Up next was the Gallery Gold, covering tools like Google Sheets Input/Output, Google Analytics, CReW and Inviso Macro packs, and more!  We all learned something during that one, myself included (thanks, Kim!).

9:45 - 10:00  More networking opportunity and a chance to polish off our coffee and refreshments!

If you'd like to present next quarter, let me know!!

If you'd like to join us next quarter, please consider yourself invited!  Details to come, but it'll be mid-September.

Attachments included.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Matt

0 REPLIES 0