Pittsburgh, PA

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Alteryx User Group!

TylerMay
7 - Meteor

Hello and welcome to the Pittsburgh Alteryx User Group!

We are very excited to get started with the user group so that we can collaborate and learn from one another.  Please post any questions you may have or suggestions for the user group on our page.  I am just one of the leaders of the Pittsburgh Alteryx User group as there are currently 8 of us sharing the responsibility.  

Some background on me:

I currently work as an analyst for a pharmaceutical company in Pittsburgh that has embraced self-service analytics ideology.  The department I work in, operates our center of excellence around self-service analytics with ownership of both Alteryx and Tableau.  I work daily in Alteryx and Tableau and love using both tools!  I really cannot imagine my daily work life without both of these tools.

Prior to my current role, I was an analyst and project manager for an energy company in Pittsburgh.  In that position, I was involved heavily in operational reporting and implementing Tableau across the company.

We look forward to hearing your experience and learning from your expertise!

5 REPLIES 5
vizandy
7 - Meteor

Finally, an Alteryx user group for the City of Champions!!!   I have always heard that the Tableau is one of the biggest / well-attended user groups in the country, so lets try and make Pittsburgh famous for TWO user groups!

Anyways, my name is Andy Miller, a colleague of @TylerMay at Mylan!  I have been with Mylan for 6+ years now in various capacities, particularly leading analytics for the Internal Audit department before joining the Enterprise Data & Strategic Analytics team to stand up a Center of Excellence for self-service analytics, centered around Tableau and Alteryx usage.  

I look forward to helping establish this user groups dominance and also having a lot of fun learning and networking with like-minded, smart people! 

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI TylerMay!

Looking forward to making this group great.  Would love to have an in person kickoff meeting last summer if possible.  I can reach out to our local Tableau User Group to get some crossover interest.  We may even be able to use their space at Carnegie Mellon University.

Let me know what you think.

john

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI Andy,

Looking forward to working with you and Tyler with this. My name is John Matyasovsky and for the past 11 years i have worked for the Fifth Judicial District here in Pittsburgh PA, currently as a systems analyst.  We have a very active Tableau presence.  We are small but mighty.  We have an even smaller Alteryx  group (2 of us!) but it has already proven to be important and highly desired within the organization. 

John

Luke_Barry
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Luke Barry here.  I am a data analyst at the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School.  I am working on a master in data analytics from PSU.  I began using Alteryx on July 1st so I am a newbie.  However, I plan to gain ground quickly.  I am happy to see a user group has formed in the Burgh and I look forward to learning from the experienced.  

stevedem
5 - Atom

Hello everyone!

My name is Steven DeMarco, and I work closely with Tyler and Andy.

I am new to user groups and very excited to be helping to kick off the Pittsburgh Alteryx User group. I have been using Alteryx for a little over a year now and was fortunate enough to attend Inspire this year. It was a great experience, and I have been using the tricks I learned at Inspire in my day-to-day work. I look forward to meeting everyone!