Pittsburgh, PA

Inaugural Pittsburgh Alteryx User Group Meeting - Tues. September 19th from 3:30-5:30 pm

TylerMay
7 - Meteor

Pittsburgh Alteryx User Group,

We are working to bring our inaugural Pittsburgh Alteryx User Group (we need to come up with a good acronym for that!) meeting to downtown Pittsburgh on Tuesday September 19th from 3:30-5:30pm.  Our wonderful contact at Alteryx (Lauren Uyeno), is helping us to find an office space in the downtown area so the location is TBD.

Here is our rough agenda (this is all highly subject to change but wanted to give you all an idea of what we were thinking):

When: Tuesday September 19th from 3:30pm-5:30pm

Where: Downtown Pittsburgh TBD

Topics to be discussed:
Meet & Greet, Welcome and Introductions

Use case presentation from a Mylan employee or volunteer (feel free to volunteer by replying to this post)

Demo from Alteryx or Roundtable Discussion:

• What Challenges are You Trying to Solve with Alteryx?
  • How has Alteryx changed the way you work?
  • What topics do you want to see presented/discussed at the next meeting (i.e. Using R Tools, geospatial analysis, data warehouse integration, etc.)

Inspire Recap

• Alteryx For Good – Alteryx is giving User Groups an opportunity to help their communities. Alteryx will give a license to a charitable organization of our choice (operating income under 10M) and we can volunteer our time to help them solve problems with Analytics or volunteer in other ways. More information can be found atAlteryx For Good UG Info.
  • Alteryx Grand Prix 2017 – this year Alteryx is changing the format and User Groups will select teams of 3 will compete at Inspire in Las Vegas, June 5-7. Teammates will each have a specialty topic – Favorites Categories, Spatial and Predictive. For more information please check out A Revamped Grand Prix at Inspire 2017 - What You Need to Know. If you are interested in competing, please reply back to this message and we will get in contact with you.

Closing Remarks and Networking

Please give us your feedback on the date/timing/agenda.  We really want to collaborate and learn from each other.  We would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks for your time,

-Tyler

P.S.- This post is heavily inspired by the Omaha User group, thank you!

edit: edited title

5 REPLIES 5
JohnMaty
9 - Comet

I can get us a space easily in Downtown Pittsburgh.  We currently are using this space for the Tableau User Group.  It can hold 120+

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @JohnMaty could you ask around and see what the availability is? :D

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Yes I can ask and arrange.  Sadly that date is not good for me.  I am in Vegas for a convention for OnBase.

Please do not rearrange the schedule for me.  I can make the next one!

TatianaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GBrown, Omaha AUG Leader, check out the mention to your inaugural meeting post!

Tatiana Servin
Content Marketing
Alteryx
TylerMay
7 - Meteor

Thanks @JohnMaty, sorry you can't make the first meeting!