Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Paris, FR - Français

Paris Alteryx group language?

alexey_nikityuk
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

In your group communication/meetups, are discussing everything in French or English?

6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Alexey,

we are going to discuss in French.

Best regards.

William.

alexey_nikityuk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @WilliamR

Do you have any plans to engage English speaking Alteryx users in your meetings/forums?

I was talking with @LaurenU at Inspire this week and we were thinking how to make the group more inclusive))

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Alexey,

I think we could ask for an automatic translation French->English to allow more people to join the group.

Best regards,

William.

alexey_nikityuk
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @WilliamR

I have no problem with the online conversation as indeed Google allows to translate the information online. What I mean was more about live meetings either in Paris or live streams as I want to participate and lead some of the session but I dont speak French.

Did you guys have any plans around that part of a question? :)

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alexey_nikityuk, I remember speaking with you at Inspire. All of our User Groups started out as a grassroots movement and by posting to the Paris User Group page is a way to gauge the interest for an English speaking group. 

In the meantime, we do have 3 Industry + Departmental Alteryx User Groups that are virtual and open to all. 

JohanneR
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi again @alexey_nikityuk,

Really glad to see your involvement in the community. As @WilliamR mentionned it, the purpose of this user group is to allow French to discuss in French as some tend to be very shy when it comes to speaking English. Nevertheless, I'm sure that having you presenting in English at one of the session wouldn't be a problme. The next meeting is happening in December and we don't have plan to live stream it but we can definitively engage for next yar. 
Let me know what you think and we can schedule a call to discuss this further.

Best,

jo