The next meeting is scheduled Thursday, August 18th at 5:30-8 PM. This is meant to be an informal networking opportunity and time to share some tips and tricks. The two locations I would like to propose are Miller's Ale House on Lee Road (1251 Lee Rd, Winter Park, FL 32789) and Ten 10 Brewing Company just north of downtown (1010 Virginia Dr, Orlando, FL 32803). We are opened to other suggestions (please post them on this thread).
Look for the next formal user group meeting to be at the end of September.
2017 is approaching quickly and I would like everyone's input on what topics you would to cover through the year. Here is what I have so far:
1. Building a macro and how it is useful.
2. How RegEx can help you wrangle in your data.
3. Parsing best practices from JSON to XML.
4. "String Theory" Combining Strings Dynamically.
5. Reducing equations in your visualization.
6. Qualtrics Macros at a glance.
7. Local Alteryx Grand Prix.
8. How to Dynamically build SQL queries.
9. Operate as smooth as James Bond with Aliases.
10. Getting the most out of hotkeys and workflow settings.
11. Guest Speakers Data Robot and Carto.
12. Public service data project with https://data.cityoforlando.net.
13.Going the Distance, exploring spatial data.
14. Using statistics to profile your data.
15. Inspire 2017 recap.
Happy New Year!
I would like to have one of the following Alteryx partners come out to speak with us for our session in March '17 and how they integrate with Alteryx. Please use the descriptions below and reply to this post to vote.
DataRobot - Ever wanted to do predictive analytics but don't have the Machine Learning skills? Or are you a data scientist that’s always playing catch up with analytic projects? DataRobot automates the predictive process by automatically building and deploying the best predictive model using the best open source algorithms available. Together, Alteryx and DataRobot take self-service advanced analytics to the next level.
Alteryx Connector for SAP (ACS) - Like many large and mid-sized enterprises you may have experienced the challenge of getting data out of SAP. The SAP connector from DVW makes it really easy for business users to extract data from SAP and incorporate it into their Alteryx workflows. This presentation will demonstrate the Alteryx Connector for SAP and illustrate several use cases.
CARTO - Are you performing geospatial analysis or developing mapping applications? Are you being held back by the simple maps you have access to? CARTO makes it much easier to access, explore, and analyze geospatial data, and creates modern, mobile-responsive, web and mobile applications that blend the power of GIS with analytics and BI.