Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Orange County, CA

Welcome to the Orange County User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the OC User Group!

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the OC User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
10 REPLIES 10
cbridges
11 - Bolide

Hi! I'm Cathy Bridges, I work in automotive manufacturing. The last movie I went to was The Force Awakens (for the 6th time - aiming for 7!).

I would say the formula tool best represents me, because it's so versatile and it's taking information in, processing it, and sending it back out in a more useful/helpful way. My brain does that a lot in life. (What a creative question!)

@thizviz
DigitalRay
6 - Meteoroid
  • My name is Ray Beierle. I work for a corporation that provides clinical laboratory services (healthcare industry). 
  • The last movie I went to was The Jungle Book (2016, not 1967 - I don't get out much, but 1967 was a few years before I was born.Smiley Tongue). They did a great job on everything. Even the credits at the end of the movie were entertaining.
  • The Browse Tool best represents me. I am not always sure what I am looking for, but I know it when I see it.Smiley Happy

Briann
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

1. I'm Briann Tisdale and hail from the wireless telecommunications industry
  2. Last movie I saw was Zootoipia. My kids loved it, great family outing
  3. Macro tool best represents me the most. Doesn't matter what needs to get done, I will find a solution

KyleW
5 - Atom

1. My name is Kyle Woodring and I hail from the medical device industry. 

2. Last movie I saw was Finding Dory, my daughter loved it. 

3. The Linear Regression tool represents me best. I am always looking for efficiency. 

jharri35
5 - Atom

Hello Orange Country Group!

My name is Jerry Harrison and I am in the automotive industry working for Mazda North American Operations.

The last movie I last saw in the theater was Suicide Squad (DC Comic villains recruited to save the day)… I enjoyed it.

The Help Tool best describes me as I like to teach others how to do things for themselves and provide the support whenever they need it.

I look forward to meeting you all.

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone,

1. My name is Kazumi Nozawa.  I work for a social analytic firm that distills big data into smart data in order to develop market strategies in global disease communities.

2. Last movie I saw was "The Big Short".  It was interesting.  I learned about high-risk subprime loans.

3. The download tool represents me the most.  I use the tool to pull data from website and use scheduler to refresh the data.

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for all the introductions Smiley Happy We are gearing up here at Alteryx HQ for the OC User Group meeting that's being hosted this Wednesday, 9/28, 3:45pm to 6:00pm, beyond excited! Hope you all can make it! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/orange-county-alteryx-user-group-meeting-tickets-27607864867 Many thanks to the OC User Group Leaders, @dsavlowitz, @_enrique_javier, @ppoc and @alexhuang!

ssjl
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm Swithin Lindbeck and I work as an analyst in financial services. 

The last movie I saw was Sully and I enjoyed it all the more because we know it ends well for everyone.

The Join tool best represents me as I strive to pull many & disparate sources together to find a complete answer.

Cheers!

-s

Adara
8 - Asteroid

Reviving this message in time for tonight's meeting!

1. I work in the healthcare industry. Grew up in Costa Mesa and have lived in Southern California for most of my life so far.
  2. The last movie I went to was Toy Story 4 but halfway through was one of the big earthquakes this summer so we left the theater 30 minutes in. The first 30 minutes were cute.
  3. I love the Select tool above all others, I put them everywhere. It lets me see what's up with all my fields and easily make minor tweaks. Probably very telling.