Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Orange County, CA

Welcome to the Orange County User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Alteryx For Good Opportunity - Guest speaker for OC Educator Training

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all!

We wanted to offer up a fun Alteryx For Good opportunity to the OC User Group.

Over the next few weeks, Alteryx will be hosting virtual trainings for OC Educators in partnership with a local organization, Vital Link. While the focus of the trainings is to teach the educators the ins/outs of Alteryx Designer (so that they can then teach their students), we were thinking it would be great for them to hear how Alteryx is being used in the real world!

We are planning a 30-min guest speaking session for Wednesday, June 3rd at 3:20pm.  Would anyone like to jump in? We are hoping to have multiple user stories, so the more the merrier.

Just let me know!

-Annie

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
5 REPLIES 5
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @amais_SparkED ! This sounds like a cool opportunity to spread some Alteryx love to Orange County.

@ddiesel @Adara @NJT @ThizViz @nicolegalang 

ssjl
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

This sounds so great!

One use case I’d be happy to share is in our recent testing in our upgrade from server 2018 to 2019.4 and between SQL on-prem to SQL in the cloud, I created a reusable workflow that compared both elements of the data to ensure record counts were consistent as well as a schema comparison to ensure data types & field sizes didn’t shift.

This example is less about working with data proper but with data structures and confirming that data and its schema on different systems is the same.  All too often when data migrations happen the schema is ignored and only the data is confirmed.

I have a good number of other examples I could use but want to leave room for others to join in 🙂

Cheers!

-Swithin

PS: I could complete this in 10 minutes (maybe less) which includes any questions that may arise.  Less time if no questions.

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for volunteering @ssjl ! I'm starting to get my hands more into the Alteryx platform and listening to your topic as a beginner is interesting. 

@amais_SparkED 

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks so much for volunteering, @ssjl

These educators are exceptionally novice and this training day will be the first after their introduction. They'll be interested to hear about OC businesses and how they use Alteryx.

This use case sounds great; we can connect via email and chat about how we can simplify the explanation to them.  Can you please send me an email at: amais@alteryx.com?

Thank you so much!

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
ssjl
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I send that email on 22 May at about 12:30 PM.  

Thanks!

-s