Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

New York City, NY

Welcome & Guidelines

Find tips to make the most of your User Group experience.

LEARN MORE
SOLVED

Welcome to the New York City User Group! Join Us! Say Hi!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the New York City User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

32 REPLIES 32
mcwallendjack
8 - Asteroid

Hi NYC User Group! Thanks for having me. 

1. My name is Michael Wallendjack and I've been working in the Business Intelligence industry for almost 2 years now. 

2. The last movie I went to see was The Revenant....and I thought it was pretty darn good.

3. The Alteryx Tool that best represents me would probably by the Transpose and Cross Tab tool as I like to view situations from all angles!

DennisPeters
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Lauren, Michael and Group,

1. My name is Dennis Peters (Mcgraw Hill Education) and I have been working in the Data & Analytics space for 18 years. 
  2. Last movie = Force Awakens (liked it)
  3. The tool that represents me the most is the Input tool since I look forward to all of your input to make this user group as awesome as possible.
jonesclp
5 - Atom

1.Chris Jones from the Agency side of Publishing.

2.Can't remember, watch everything at home streaming.

3.Probably Business match and consumerview....still learning all the fun tools.

mark_cyr
7 - Meteor
  1. Mark Cyr, Equity Sales COO at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
  2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - it was decent, although the copycat aspect of the original movies was almost distracting
  3. Dynamic Input
_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

• Aaron Walters, I work for CME Group in the Market Data side of the business.
  • Zootopia with the kids, it was the classic jokes for the parents, cute story.
  • Indatabase Tools (all of them), fast simple in DB allows me to stop writting complicated SQL!

sam
5 - Atom

Hey NYC! 

1. I'm Sam Strong... I span many industries in my role at Keyrus including Finance, CPG, Energy, Education, Healthcare, Media and HR. (In summary wherever there are data challenges)

2. Hateful Eight - I'm a big Quentin Tarantino fan and this one didn't disapoint. 

3. Distance tool - I use Alteryx to analyse my GPS data from bike rides and work out how I can get faster (without doing more training). 

Looking forward to getting to know you all! 

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

1. Laurence Berg - working in Health Information Exchange

2. Last movie was the Force Awakens and now I'm wondering why since I only get to the movies once or twice a year! Ditto on the copycat story.

3. Fuzzy Unique seems like a good match ... without going into the reasons, of course ;)

adrifont
5 - Atom
  1. Adrien Fontannaz - Transaction Services at PwC
  2. The Revenant. Adrenaline levels caused by this movie were likely comparable to sky diving. 
  3. Cache dataset macro because I don't look behind once I'v done something right. 
lrubenstein
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Lauren Rubenstein and I work for Bunge.  We are a agribusiness and food company.  Our operations include crushing sugarcane, milling wheat and corn, selling fertizlier and orgiinating and crushing oilseeds.

The last movie I saw was the Secret life of Pets with my niece and nephew.  It was cute and definetly made me think and what my cat really does do when I leave for work....

The tool that reprents me the most is the input tool!  Still ver new to using Alteryx and am enjoying getting to know all of the tools.
Labels