New York City, NY

Welcome & Guidelines

Find tips to make the most of your User Group experience.

LEARN MORE

NYC User Group: Sept 2017 Meeting

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

Hello NYC,

Please save the date: Wednesday Sept 27th from 5:00pm to 6:30pm @Slalom in Midtown. Food may be provided.  Networking afterwards.

We are looking for topics and presenters.  Anyone need help on a topic, tool, or workflow design? Reply to this thread and let us know; that will be the topic! 

Slalom

12 West 21st Street, 10th Floor

New York, NY 10010

Looking forward to see you all again

7 REPLIES 7
thomas_bruno
5 - Atom

Hi - Tom with NB here.  Would be interested in hearing from folks who've used Alteryx to 'learn as you do' with analytics tools.  We're a business analysis team that is more oriented to reporting, however, we would like to start to leverage some of the Alteryx functionality to improve our understanding of the data.

Thanks

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hello –

Seth from the Interpublic Group. I think a great working session would be on Regex commands. Regex seems to be a deep and powerful tool that could help in many parts of workflows. I've built workflows and there is always that one piece I couldn't solve until someone did it using a Regex command.

It’s something I need to learn.

Thanks,

Seth

swarshal
5 - Atom

Hi,

Simon with TransPerfect. We are using Alteryx to build and maintain a data warehouse. Would be great to see best practices around this along with data validation and related topics.

GarthM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @smoskowitz!

given your interest in improving your regex skills, you may wanna give this site a look: regexcrossword . there are a bunch of regex crossword sites in the cosmos, but imho this is the best one for people newer to this shorthand programming tool.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

@GarthM Thank you for the information. I will take advantage of this.

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

We are finalizing plans for our meet up next week.  We are looking into having yhat coming by and share some insights where they fit into the Alteryx family.  We are also going to run a bring your problems whereby we collaborate to help each other out.  

In support of our group meeting, does everyone feel like the have problems they need some help with OR have a problem they uniquely solved?

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is the updated agenda:

Agenda:

Welcome & Introduction

Alteryx Promote Presentation, Charlie Hect, Director of Product Management

Bring Your Own Problem Forum

Alteryx Announcements

Closing Remarks and Networking

Labels