Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

New York City, NY

Welcome & Guidelines

Find tips to make the most of your User Group experience.

LEARN MORE

NYC User Group: June 2017 Meeting

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor
Hello NYC,

Please save the date:
Thursday June 29th. 5-6:30 PM @KPMG in Midtown. Food may be provided.  Networking afterwards.

We are going to cover anything exciting from the Inspire 2017 for those that couldn’t attend.
We are also looking for additional presenters or topics.
Those might include:
  • Cool workflows or interesting problems you have solved
  • Bring a problem for the team to solve

If you would like to present at the meeting post to the forum or reach out to me directly: aaron.walters@cmegroup.com

Looking forward to see you all again,
Aaron

13 REPLIES 13
spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Is there ever a webex for these meetings? i live 4 hours upstate this is the closest user group to me but that is still far for a weeknight. :)

Thanks, 

Ed

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

Hi Ed,

There have not been to date.  We generally have enough challenges getting all the technology working within the room.  Seems like we need a virtual meetup.  

I will discuss with our Alteryx user group support team about what options or plans they have on this front.  

PeterGoldey
11 - Bolide

Hi Aaron,

There was some mixup with my email address changing, and I haven't been receiving the email invites for the meetings so I can respond and attend.

How do I get that updated - do you know?

Thanks!

Pete

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @PeterGoldey I can fix that for you. Is this account linked to the proper email? If not DM me and I'll get that sorted for you. :)

PeterGoldey
11 - Bolide

Hi @LaurenU 

Yes, this account is linked to my correct email.

Thanks so much!

Pete

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Still looking for speakers who have something interesting to present or have a challenge the team can solve.

Also, I'm being asked to do some work with SalesForce.com as well as some other rest data services.  Anyone versed in these topics and mind presenting some approaches for the group? 

Aaron

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

I struggled quite a bit to get Alteryx to connect to Salesforce. I did finally succeed and have a workflow that does one or two essential functions. It is not a robust solution yet, though. Also I have not tried pushing data into SF from Alteryx, yet, though it should be possible.

I would be happy to take part in presenting the workflow I have as part of a variety of solutions. (I don't know if I've got enough info to fill a whole meeting. And my workflows could probably still show some lack of mastery.) Mine solves the problem of getting the connection token and reusing it to query SF in the same connection. It also works to get attachments out of SF, which is an annoying feature of SF itself, since SF only acts as storage for documents and can't report on them or look at them. My workflow gets the object id from the attachments table, then uses that to extract the attached object itself. The concepts can be applied to various SF issues where you have to get an ID from one object to pull data from another - something that's very common in the object oriented structure of SF's related lists.

_aaron_walters
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I think you sharing and possibly the team can bring their experiences to play would be a great approach for the team.  I will also play with SFDC in the coming weeks to be prepared for the meeting.

What's the address? I'm seeing three different midtown offices for KPMG!
Labels