Montreal, QC

Inspire 2019 Nashville - Recap

williamchan
10 - Fireball

Hey MTL UG! Salut a tous!

A few of us just came back from Inspire 2019 in Nashville, TN. It was a fantastic week of product training and use case sessions. @fredcolina  (Vision Group Canada), Danny Noel, Rheaume Gagnon (Molson Coors), @8088 Peter Seitz (Ciena) and myself were all in country music-land!

L'équipe Montréal!L'équipe Montréal!

Here are some of top highlights (in no particular order):

1) Hosting the 1st ever live transportation user group with my co-leaders @jmt214 and @otto.

We had a fantastic use case presentation from Copa Airlines's Intelligence Analysts, Nuria Saavedra and Isacar Racine Rodriguez. They told us what they use Alteryx for on a day-to-day basis and walked us through their path. C'est impressionant de voir qu’ils ont réussi à obtenir leur certification de base et avancé en seulement 1 an!

Thanks to @ChrisS@CatherineM and @LaurenU for all your help!

file-13.jpeg

2) Seeing Assisted Modelling in action! 

During the keynote, @AshleyK, SVP Product Management and her product team presented new features coming to Alteryx including Assisted Modelling! Imagine getting a step-by-step tutorial on building predictive models - and all you have to do is provide the data set and select your target variable. Assisted Modelling will recommend field types, clean-up the data, tell you which fields to keep, show you models to choose from (trade off between, accuracy, speed, interpretability). I personally got to use AM in the UX Lab and I have to admit that I am very excited for this feature to be released soon. Thank you to the Product Team for making all our lives easier, and for enabling us to do things we could've never imagined.

file-24.jpeg

3) Solution Centre

Solution Centre has to be one of my favorite stops at the conference. BIg shoutout to @lepome and @MartyM for helping me get my Server back up and running! MongoDB back-end is pretty scary stuff if not managed properly. Le Solution Centre vous permet d'avoir accès aux ingénieurs pour tous vos problèmes - sans rendez-vous! I usually bring all the problems we encounter 2 weeks prior to the conference and get some expert help on it! Spatial, Macros, Data Prep, Server, Predictive, Interface, they have it all!

file-18.jpeg

4) Meeting and Networking with Alteryx ACEs, Training and Academy Staff, Top Contributors

Freddy and I spent an evening with Alteryx's Top Contributors including all user group leaders and ACEs. Congrats to the London User Group for taking home the 1st Top User Group award! We also got to provide feedback and hear about the roadmap for Alteryx Academy and Training with @ChristineB. More advanced training is on the way similar to the bite-sized modules we have for Beginner content today!

6) Nights out on Broadway

Beautiful weather. Live music partout.

file-21.jpeg

7) Seeing Dean Stoeker come out with his annual conference outfit for the opening keynote

Last year Dean was dressed up as a rockstar and played a full set before revealing himself. This year Dean rocked a shiny new Alteryx belt buckle.

file-20.jpeg

8) Malcolm Gladwell's keynote

Mr.Gladwell, best selling author, NYT writer, and fellow Canadian gave a fantastic keynote on using our data super skills for the greater good.

file-23.jpeg

9) Networking...Networking...Networking...Use Case Sessions...and lots of free gear!

Inspire has always provided a great venue to catch-up with other Alteryx users, and to meet new ones. Whether you're a beginner, or advanced, Inspire is the place to be for product training, getting solutions to your problems via the solution centre, and inspiration - I personally crack open a new project and workflow right after I leave. Alteryx also had lots of gear to give out including, socks, t-shirts, hoodies!

Some use case sessions that I attended included: 

• BEST PRACTICES IN DATA SCIENCE
  • SOUNDS OF (DATA SCIENCE) 101
  • ALTERYX TAKES FLIGHT: HOW ALTERYX KEEPS AMERICAN AIRLINES SOARING
  • HOW TO BUILD SCENARIO-BASED REVENUE & EXPENSE FORECASTS WITH ALTERYX PREDICTIVE TOOLS

file-14.jpeg

file-15.jpegfile-16.jpegfile-17.jpeg

10) Career Development

There are a lot of great aspects to Inspire. Le plus grand avantage en participant à Inspire est le développement de carrière. As a relatively new analyst, I’m already going beyond what I initially planned out for the 1st 3-5 years of my career. I'm learning how to build and deploy predictive models (not my education background) with no coding knowledge. I'm solving complex problems using data with ease, and I'm expanding my skill set beyond what I picked up in school. Alteryx and Inspire have enabled and pushed me to be way more than what I thought I could be coming out of University.

Si quelqu'un a des questions concernant Inspire 2019, Core Certification, or Alteryx Designer, n’hésitez pas à m'enoyer un message! Danny, Rheaume, Freddy, and I will also be doing a recap of our experience at the Q3 meeting.

Merci!

William

William Chan | @WilliamChan | LinkedIn

Alteryx Transportation and Montreal User Group Co-Leader

Alteryx Core Certified

Business Analyst, Distribution and Payments | Air Canada

alteryx-sig.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
derekc
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sharing, Will.  I look forward to hearing more about what you learned and if/how you implemented it in your own work at an upcoming meeting.

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What an amazing recap @williamchan , felt like I was able to experience Inspire Nashville all over again! :)  Thank you for all of your help and participation in the Transportation User Group meeting!!! 

-- Cat Martinez

Labels