Melbourne, Australia

Welcome to the Melbourne User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Sole-Trading with Alteryx (Melbourne/AUS)

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

Hey all, 

just curious if there is other sole traders out here in Melbourne or around Australia who have their own Alteryx licenses and what their experiences around aquiring work/getting contracted are like. 

I have been working as a freelancer/consultant for the past two years now owning both a designer and desktop scheduler license and have found it extremely difficult to get new clients in this space. I had some success early on and have ongoing projects, but was expecting a lot more interest/work given the potential of cutting costs/labour time through Alteryx. I have a feeling that, given this is all new 'scary' tech, organisations prefer to trial Alteryx or means of data processing internally rather than outsourcing this work due to data security risks or maybe the demand is less than I've expected. 

Any advice is appreciated or referrals to good marketing agencies (not easy to find good ones who understand the data space). 

Feel free to contact me via IM or linkedin if you prefer not to discuss in public

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-taresch-84825147/

Cheers,

Thomas

0 REPLIES 0