Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Los Angeles, CA

Welcome to the LA User Group!

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the LA User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
10 REPLIES 10
ksalama
5 - Atom

Hey everyone. My name is Khabab Salama and I work in advertising. I work for an agency called Quigley-Simpson in West LA. Last movie I saw was Furious 7 (I don't go to movies too often) I thought it was OK and I was with some good friends, so it was nice. The tool that represents me the most would have to be the "Block Until Done." I feel like it's a dance move or something and therefore, it just moves me. (=

bretcullinan
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone! My name is Bret Cullinan and I am an Information Management and Analytics consultant with Slalom. The last movie I saw was The Force Awakens - huge Star Wars nerd here so obviously I loved it. The Alteryx tool that represents me the most is probably Select, because I am constantly trying to strip out unnecessary information to separate the signal from the noise. Removing extraneous concepts or data floating around what I am actually trying to solve for is always my first step - you can imagine what my house looks like!

KatrinaC
5 - Atom

Hi All- my name is Katrina Cain and I am also an Information Management and Analytics consultant with Slalom!  The last movie I went to was Allegiant-- I'm a big fan of reading book series and seeing them brought to life on screen, but I have to admit that this one was entertaining enough, but mostly a let down.  My favorite tool is probably the Multi-Row Formula-- I LOVE logic and equations, but this one has gotten me out of quite a few pickles and really sets Alteryx apart from some other tools I've used Smiley Happy

aaronharter
5 - Atom

Hello LA User Group,

1.  My name is Aaron Harter and I work in the advertising industry with a background in finance and education.
  2.  Star Wars - I can't wait for the next one!
  3.  Cross Tab - it's versitile and great for data investigation and identifying trends.
NJT
11 - Bolide
  1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from? Neal Thomas I hail from the Advertising Agency world 19 years there and most recently client side in Health Insurance
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Deadpool and it was pretty funny and borderline annoying at the same time
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most? Filter always filtering
akaur
8 - Asteroid

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?

Name - Aman

Industry - Retail

2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?

Not a movie person so don't remember when I last went to the movies.  But I saw 'Little Boy' on Netflix

3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

Select and Filter

cbridges
11 - Bolide

This is basically a repeat of what I put in the OC User Group (I live/work close to both).

Hi! I'm Cathy Bridges, I work in automotive manufacturing. The last movie I went to was The Force Awakens (for the 6th time - aiming for 7!). It was and is A.MA.ZING!

I would say the formula tool best represents me, because it's so versatile and it's taking information in, processing it, and sending it back out in a more useful/helpful way. My brain does that a lot in life. (What a creative question!)

@thizviz
Scraps822
6 - Meteoroid

I'm Alberto... I'm in media. I do research

Hmm... last movie was a Netflix one called War Machine. I liked it. Brad Pitt was character in that one.

Alteryx has been more of a time saver. I want to learn different aspects of the tool over just creating workflows.

behring
5 - Atom
  1. Hello Everyone, my name is Behring Bautista and I'm on the Financial Services field.
  2. The last movie I have seen is "War for the Planets of the Apes", 8.5/10  ;-) Almost perfect. (Big fan of the franchise)
  3. This one is a hard one! I will go with the R tool.