Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Long Beach, CA

Welcome to the Beach, home of the Long Beach Alteryx User Group!

NJT
11 - Bolide

Thank you so much for joining our community! We strive to be a community where Alteryx and work intersect in a fun and friendly way. Together we can create opportunities for idea sharing and relationships with other Alteryx users to help us all grow and challenge ourselves. With that in mind please leave a note and introduce yourself to the rest of the group, if you want you can do it by answering any of these questions. 

1. Tell us your name or nickname and any other data point about yourself.
  2. What are your 3 favorite Alteryx tools?
  3. Your favorite Long Beach restaurant or coffee shop?
  4. What areas of Alteryx do you want to learn more about?

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of #theBeach community!

18 REPLIES 18
ThizViz
11 - Bolide
Hi!
I'm Cathy aka ThizViz and I'm really looking forward to this user group!

I'm a big fan of the Runner Macro, the Formula tool and the Summary tool.

I'll never turn down an invitation to Belmont Brewing Company.

I'd like to learn more about Connect and Scheduler.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
NJT
11 - Bolide

Hi I'm Neal Thomas and my nickname NJT happens to be my user name too, feel free to reach out! Outside of anything breakfast related my favorite food is Thai.  

My 3 favorite tools are Filter, Formula, and most recently (thanks to @Joe_Mako) the Multi-Field Formula tool!

For restaurants I'd say The Potholder Cafe 3 partly because I don't have to wait in line at The Coffee Cup.

I'm interested in learning more about Application building and Macros, and of course Regex!

Looking forward to growing the group and adding a closer to home option from the excellent OC and LA groups! #theBeach

Thanks,

NJT

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Go Beach!Go Beach!

Welcome to the Alteryx User Groups Family! 

Yay! Happy to see a Long Beach group! That's my alma mater! Excited to see the collaboration and learning from the group. See you at a future meeting!

ps.

My favorite restaurant in the LBC...I have a few:

• Just discovered Recreational Coffee
  • Michael's Pizzeria :O
  • Pizzamania, Deli News, & Hole Mole near CSULB were old haunts
NJT
11 - Bolide

Awesome I was thinking there would have to be some Beach Alum in the Alteryx world! Welcome to the group! Michael's is fantastic isn't it! Hole Mole is still a haunt of mine the one by CSULB and the one at Wardlow and Orange too, taco tuesday!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Ah yes the Wardlow and Orange location I am familiar. haha!! So cool. :) 

pvara
8 - Asteroid

Hello my name is Pete Vara.

My top 3 tools include:

1. Count Records

2. Formula

3. Field Summary

Favorite Restaurant: Spaghettini (Seal Beach)

I would like to learn more about predictive modeling.

NJT
11 - Bolide
Awesome welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing, Spaghettini is a great spot! Looking forward to meeting and getting into more about Predictive Modeling in our group!
ThizViz
11 - Bolide

Looks like I've got some more eating to do!

@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
Barajas
5 - Atom

Hello all!

Happy to see a LB Alteryx user group!

My name is Missy and my 3 favorite tools are: calgary, summarize, and report map. Favorite restaurant is The Eldo. I would love to learn more about Regex and building macros.

I'm looking forward to future meetings with the group!