Long Beach, CA

Welcome to the Beach, home of the Long Beach Alteryx User Group!

NJT
11 - Bolide

Thank you so much for joining our community! We strive to be a community where Alteryx and work intersect in a fun and friendly way. Together we can create opportunities for idea sharing and relationships with other Alteryx users to help us all grow and challenge ourselves. With that in mind please leave a note and introduce yourself to the rest of the group, if you want you can do it by answering any of these questions. 

1. Tell us your name or nickname and any other data point about yourself.
  2. What are your 3 favorite Alteryx tools?
  3. Your favorite Long Beach restaurant or coffee shop?
  4. What areas of Alteryx do you want to learn more about?

Thank you for taking the time to be a part of #theBeach community!

18 REPLIES 18
NJT
11 - Bolide

Welcome aboard @Barajas it seems like there is some group interest in learning more about macros and Regex, I'm sensing a potential theme for the next meeting!

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Hi all,

I never did a formal intro to the group so here it is:

1. My name is Maureen Wolfson - Dynamomo on the Community.  I worked at Alteryx for 14 years up until the end of 2017 and now I work as an independent analytics consultant. 
  2. What are your 3 favorite Alteryx tools?  Multi-Row formula, Dynamic Rename and Control Parameter.
  3. Your favorite Long Beach restaurant or coffee shop?  I live in Fullerton so I'm not that up to speed on Long Beach restaurants but definitely want recommendations.
  4. What areas of Alteryx do you want to learn more about?  Real world use cases on how Connect or Promote is being implemented and utilized by clients.

Lastly, since I was in mostly client-facing technical and training type roles at Alteryx, I'd be happy to do a short hands-on training on Macros in an upcoming meeting if people want to learn how to build a macro.  I could also do an easy RegEx training if people are interested. 

Maureen

NJT
11 - Bolide

Excellent, welcome to the Long Beach User Group, we are thrilled to have you as part of our community!

MLowe
5 - Atom

1. Tell us your name or nickname and any other data point about yourself.
    1. Mike Lowe 
    2. I'm a Senior Manager of Consumer Insights & Analytics for a fairly large retailer and consult on the side.
    3. I'm new to using Alteryx
  2. What are your 3 favorite Alteryx tools?
    1. Automation of data manipulation and flows without a programmer
    2. Vizualitcs 
    3. Spatial Analytic Tools
  3. Your favorite Long Beach restaurant or coffee shop?
    1. Saint on 2nd
  4. What areas of Alteryx do you want to learn more about?
    1. Everything - I'm a new as it comes.

MLowe
5 - Atom

Maureen, 

I would like to speak with you about your consulting service. I'm new to Alteryx and their community site, so I'm not too sure how to private IM. 

Let me know the best way to reach you or you can reach me at mloweracing@gmail.com

Thanks, 

Mike Lowe

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@MLowe,

I'll email you.  For future reference, to message someone on the community, you click on your username at the top right which brings up three icons and a bunch of menu items under them.  the middle icon is the message icon.  Click on that, hit New Message and you can message users in the community.  

NJT
11 - Bolide

Welcome aboard Mike @MLowe! Saint on Second is great! Happy to have you aboard and look forward to meeting you at our next user group. I highly recommend the Interactive Training lessons here on the community page they are short and sweet but even after years of using Alteryx I found a few tips in there that I had never seen before.

WD80
5 - Atom
  1. Tell us your name or nickname and any other data point about yourself. Drake, from North Carolina, then Georgia, and now California.
  2. What are your 3 favorite Alteryx tools? The 3 that get the job done most efficiently and elegantly. Crosstab and Transpose, specifically, would have saved me a lot of time in my "pre-Alteryx" life, so I guess they get special mention.
  3. Your favorite Long Beach restaurant or coffee shop? I just moved to Santa Barbara from the east coast. I hope you don't mind me crashing here and the OC user group. These are the 2 that are closest to me, and I will be a regular through LAX post-covid. If you don't want a S-B resident crashing the party, let me know and I'll see myself out.
  4. What areas of Alteryx do you want to learn more about? Best practices, predictive modeling and spatial functions.
NJT
11 - Bolide

We don't discriminate at all in the Long Beach group and certainly not based on geography, so welcome Drake from Santa Barbara! Look forward to meeting you in person when COVID is over and you are in town for our next meeting!