Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the London User Group!

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the London User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
11 REPLIES 11
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi everyone! 

1. I'm Joe Lipski and I'm a Senior Consulant at Javelin Group. We are an Alteryx Partner and focus on the retail and consumer goods industries. I'm also an Alteryx ACE and a Leader of this user group, so let me know if you have any questions or ideas!

2. I'm not a huge movie fan, but am a HUGE sports fan and support Crystal Palace (football), Seattle Seahawks (NFL) and Harlequins (Rugby)

3. The tool that represents me most is the select tool as I'm (usually) very organised

Joe Lipski
paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Hey everyone,

1. Im Paul Houghton a consultant at the Information Lab, Im also one of the organisers for the User Group. Im originally from New Zealand but living in London now.

2. Last movie I went to was Star Wars (I dont get to many movies) and i really enjoyed it :)

3. I go with the Clustering tool as that brings together different items to make a full group

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

1. James Dunkerley, used to be in Financial Services now in Software Development (but mainly for FS stil!).

2. The Martian. Really good and rare to get out without the children so even more fun!

3. I'm going for the Test Tool as I normally result in errors

TaylorM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the introduction, Joe! We changed the name of the UK Alteryx User Group to the London Alteryx User Group since the meetings take place at the New Moon Pub in London. As you pointed out, we envision other User Groups starting in other cities in the UK in the near future. @chris_love is interested in setting up a group outside London (in the Midlands or the North).

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Brilliant, thanks @TaylorM - I've edited my post and removed this to not confuse people!  Smiley LOL

Joe Lipski
AndrewW
11 - Bolide

Hi, I'm Andrew Watson, a freelance data consultant currently working for an Investment Bank, setting up their Data Quality infrastructure using Alteryx. I've worked in a few other industries during my time as an employee of a management consultantancy and employee of a dotcom, however this was more Tableau and database work.

I no longer have time for cinema, forgotten what films are, my tiny kids take up all of my free time :-)

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi all,

1. I'm Jamie Laird, Head of Market Intelligence at Hobsons (www.hobsons.com/emea).

2. Last movie I saw was the new Coen Brother's film, Hail, Caesar!  It was very good.

3. Formula if we're choosing based on functionality.  Filter is we're choosing based on the coolness of the icon.  That prism just makes me feel like I'm living in the future.  Also Pink Floyd.

TGNAlteryx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, Tatyana working in Media sector, in the leading Out-of-home advertising company. 
I use Alteryx to make sure that we are competitive in data analysis & data quality and we do it quick! There is no particular tool I prefer. I saw Batman vs Superman, despite of not being very positive reviewed online (which might be because nowadays there is no Batman comics anymore and he is just not that popular), it was a phenomenal film. I don't want to spoil it for you but Ben Affleck's Batman was one of the best Batman I've seen (yeah I know, surprisingly!).

earley
5 - Atom

Hello everyone

I'm Steve Earley, BI Project Lead at the London School of Economics and in the process of establishing a BI and Data Integration Service for the university.

Last film I saw was actually a preview showing of 'Eye in the Sky', Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman film about the politics and emotions involved in drone warfare. Won't say more as it's not actually released until tomorrow!

I've only been using Alteryx for a month or so but I would say the tool that most represents me is the Fuzzy Match - it's takes time to understand me and get the best out of me, and I've got a beard :)

Steve