Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Support for a new Idea?

TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hey all,

I am trying to garner a bit of support for a new idea I posted - if you agree of course! I think it's time Alteryx had the ability to collaboratively work on workflows and be actively version-controlled. This will make it more enterprise-ready and allow for more DevOps style development. 

The idea is here - please like if you agree it's a needed capability: Collaborative workflow editing, tracking and versi... - Alteryx Community

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

Good idea! I will give it a vote.

(Btw, I have been looking at Replace workflow, which attempt to help with collaboration and version control. Don't know how effective can it be. Replace a Workflow | Alteryx Help )

TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Thanks for highlighting @steven4320555 - I think the concept you highlight is close to what we're after, right? My sense is that it would be good to have some sort of "Auto-save" feature that updates the workflow with a "history" of what was done to it, so you can roll back to a particular part of the workflow. Easier said than done of course, but I feel like the current version tracking still feels quite manual.