London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Parse Error - When saving workflow

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

Can anyone help me please as I'm still new to Alteryx but have stumbled across an error when attempting to save my workflow in Alteryx as  I receive the following error message relating to "Parse Error", see image below and I can not ascertain as to why the error is being generated, especially as the field appears t be present prior to to the If statement and as such I can not see any issues with the IF statement context either.

JC500O_0-1659959086208.png

5 REPLIES 5
StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JC500O

Thank you for your question! Maybe @Joe_Lipski or @paul_houghton would be able to help you further. 

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JC500O is [Work Location] a field that is dynamically created at anypoint in the workflow or does it exist in one of the data sources?

The error here looks like it is with the validation when publishing to Gallery and may still indeed run successfully as it looks like the save was successful. Could you click View in Browser and see if it runs okay via gallery?

If it does and you don't want the validation warning in the future, you can also untick the "validate workflow then save" box when saving to gallery to avoid this error. 

@StephV 

Joe Lipski
JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joe,

The [Work Location] field exists within the data source and executes successfully when ran from both the desktop and from the Gallery. The error only shows itself when saving to the gallery which is a little strange as it had been working previously without any issues being seen.

I have logged in to the gallery, and ran the workflow from their too and this also works, so its definitely something related to the save function.

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

As @Joe_Lipski mentioned, that error just looks like the metadata for that field isn't being processed during the validation check. The validation check doesn't check any dynamic content, and some transformations won't get processed during the validation. 

If the workflow works correctly when manually run from the Gallery, I wouldn't worry too much about that validation error.

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response, perhaps this "Feature" / bug could then added to the design improvements as it is rather confusing; why show an error when their is not error?