Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Help Required, relating to Join & Union Results

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

I'm fairly new to alteryx and have stumbled in to an issue which I can resolve, hence my reach out to fellow members.
My workflow, requires me to pull the results of 2 x csv files together in order to create a master csv file.

The issue I'm encountering is that the new master record contains all the data in a single file but there is additional headers and nulls being added which is not what I was expecting as shown below.

Note: The master output file layout should be "User_Exteral_Key, Person_Supervisor_List, Is_Externally_Owned, Action" but for unknown reason the "User_External_Key" is being produced twice and is showing "Null"

Aleryx File Joing Issue.png

3 REPLIES 3
Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @JC500O

The column names are slightly different for this to happen, you can rename them the same before the union. Or in the union tool, drop down to manually organise the columns and shift the two columns under each other.

Enjoy.

#Alteryxrocks
MackStewart
8 - Asteroid

The usual suspect is a trailing space.

JC500O
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Samanatha

Thanks for your eagle eyed observation. When I reviewed the files again I found that one of the files had a couple of extra spaces added to the end of the field name which must have occurred when I cut and pasted the values over. Not an obvious thing to identify or see when comparing the data out out contents.