Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Alteryx In Person FREE Core Certification Evening

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

The London Alteryx User Group are offering a FREE Alteryx Core Certifcation Evening on Tuesday 26th March 2019 between 5:30-8:30PM (Venue TBC).

Please register here: https://www.meetup.com/Alteryx-User-Group-London-UK/events/258870079/ to sign up your spot to complete the Core Certification in person with the London Alteryx User Group. Spaces are extremely limited, so please only register if you are yet to complete your Alteryx Core Certification and are able to attend on the night. Only registered members will be allowed to enter.

AGENDA
5:30 - 6:00PM: Arrival, Welcome & Set Up
6:00 - 6:30PM: Exam Prep, What to expect, Hints & Tips, Sample Questions
6:30-8:30PM: Exam (2 hour time limit)

Attendees must bring their own laptops (& power) as well as their own Alteryx designer license. WiFi will be available for the exam.

As well as signing up on MeetUp, Attendees must register at the following link in FEBRUARY to take the Exam in MARCH: https://pages.alteryx.com/AlteryxCertification-LP.html

Any questions/concerns then email: joe.lipski@javelingroup.com

-------------------------------------------

Audience: Everyone! Whether you are just beginning your journey in analytics or a seasoned professional, this exam is an opportunity to prove your skills with Designer. This exam is a pre-requisite for advanced level exams.

Description: The Alteryx Designer Core product certification exam is intended to test your aptitude around the 'core' toolset in Alteryx. The 'core' toolset was determined by the top 20 most used tools in the Alteryx Designer in addition to understanding basic UI/operational elements. The Alteryx Designer Core exam is the most basic of the certification offerings.

Price: Free

Skills Measured: Interface Elements, Basic workflow building concepts, Input Data, Browse, Select, Filter, Formula, Join, Summarize, Union, Output Data, Sort, Tool Container, Comment, Unique, Text Input, Cross Tab, Data Cleansing, Transpose, Append Fields, Text to Columns

Questions: 80 Questions

Question Type: Multiple-Choice

Exam Time: 2 Hours (90 sec/question)

--------------------------------------------

Reminders, prep materials, etc. will be sent via email in the lead up to the exam.

Joe Lipski
17 REPLIES 17
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Joe_Lipski,

This is a great offer to the folks in London.  I think that the certification process is important for all users to participate in.  Besides the confidence boost that comes with the certification, the journey there teaches the learning skills required to advance and to Alteryx your career.  I'd only suggest that you take a group photo of the newly minted certified users at the end of the agenda.

Thanks for the generous gift to those in your community.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks @MarqueeCrew ! I will share some photos from the day. And just like you, I love seeing the community grow and making others successful is what I'm passionate about and what makes me happy!

Joe Lipski
DanHare
11 - Bolide

Great idea Joe.

We are watching with interest from the Jersey User Group !

We now have several Core Certified analysts from different companies, but many are a bit intimidated - this might be the sort of nudge required.

We are also thinking of setting up a weekly study group to take the cohort through the curriculum in the month before-hand.

We will launch at our User Group meeting on 5th March.

Good luck, and please do share feedback !

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@DanHare Love the idea of a weekly study group! I was toying with the idea of running a WebEx Study session in a couple of weeks time to rattle through some content and tips as well!

Joe Lipski
iamdata
8 - Asteroid

hi, i have signed up last month and have my email for access to the core designer exam, but the email states that access to the exam will expire on the 8th of march.

i thought the idea was to all get together on the 26th for the evening?   what should i do?

We're excited to announce upcoming enhancements to the exam registration process. The included exam access will only be valid until March 8th. After that date, the exam will be available for you to take on-demand in Community! To access the on-demand exam you will need to log in to your Community
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @iamdata please email certification@alteryx.com and see if you can get special access. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @iamdata. The certification used to be valid for the month after you registered, that's why I asked everyone to register in February.

Hopefully @ElizabethB can confirm for us? But there will certainly still be a way to sit the exam on the day.

Once I have confirmation I'll email everyone to make sure it's clear.

Joe Lipski
ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Joe_Lipski

Starting March 8th we're moving to an on-demand exam access system. You'll be able to log in to community and start the exam directly from the Certification page, removing the need for exam links or access codes. :) Instead of having 3 exam attempts each calendar month, you'll have one attempt every 7 days. You should be all set for the UG meeting on the 26th - even those who didn't register in advance will be able to access the exam. One thing to consider is if people want to take the exam before taking it again at the meeting on the 26th, they'll need to take it at least 7 days before so they'll have another attempt available for the meeting. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks @ElizabethB makes perfect sense and much more user friendly!

I'll make sure everyone who has registered is aware to avoid any confusion! 

Joe Lipski