community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Data Knowledge Base

Data methodologies, and Release schedules.

Renaming ConsumerView Values

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created on

Note: This tool is no longer available (see here). Links in this article may be broken.

Have you ever used the ConsumerView Analytical File in US Core Data and stared wide-eyed at the codes returned? There is now an alternative to looking in the documentation for the coded values! The ConsumerView Renaming Macro allows you to rename the codes into readable data.

The macro can be downloaded hereNote: This navigates you to the Alteryx Gallery. Select "Download" and save to a directory. First time installing a macro? Use the guide here.

USING THE TOOL

The Calgary tools allow users to enrich their workflows with third party data, such as the ConsumerView Analytical file. ConsumerView is a marketing database providing insight on more than 221 million customers and 134 million household units. Calgary tools are found under the “Calgary” tab in the Alteryx toolbar; they include the Calgary Input, Calgary Join, and Calgary Loader.

Once a Calgary Input is configured for either the Experian Individual or Experian Household data file and a query is added, the fields returned look something like this: 

ForBlogPost1st.PNG

Add the ConsumerView Renaming Macro after the Calgary Input. In the Configuration window for the macro, select the Dataset you are pulling from, either Household or Individual, and add a Browse tool. Press Run for the renaming!

ForBlogPost2nd.PNG

Presto! Your codes are now readable values. 

ForBlogPost3rd.PNG

Comments
Asteroid

This is exactly what I'm looking for.  But, I'm using Alteryx 11.0 (since our company's Alteryx server is 11.0) and I cannot open this.  Any suggestions?

(edit: nevermind, did the notepad trick)

But, I'm disappointed the macro doesn't work with the consumer view matching macro and it's encrypted so I cannot attempt to configure it to work when both individual and HH values are present.

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Alteryx
Alteryx

Awesome, thanks Sara!

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BPurcell, an unencrypted ConsumerView renaming macro has been added to the Gallery - ConsumerView Renaming Macro - Unencrypted

Asteroid

@SaraKe, I just saw your reply, thanks for making the change, but I cannot access it.  I'm getting this error below.

image.png

Alteryx Certified Partner

Following up on this, I also cannot access this macro and get the same error message, @SaraKe. Is there anything I have to do to gain access?

Hi All,

We see your comments here and are looking into this.

Thanks!

I am also unable to access and the link above results in "page not found" error... please help

Hi @michael_kirtley,

We are looking into this. I'll post back soon.

Thanks,

@jessicaS

cannot access both the links: the original link and the new one you posted.

Is there an updated link for this macro?

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @JessicaS 

Checking in for an update as both of the macro links provided return "Page Not Found" 

Thanks! 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ClintonF and @NavChadha

This macro was built as a fun side project by a former Alteryx employee, but since they have left the company it is no longer available under their gallery account. I also found several bugs in the macro, so have decided not to re-post it under a different account.  

Users are more than welcome to build their own versions, I would love to see some examples that you could come up with.  All of the necessary lookup tables are available in the quarterly release documentation.  

Best, 

Eric

Meteoroid

Where to find quarterly released documentation?  Is the documentation contained in the hard disc mailed to us quarterly to update the Data Products?

Documentation is provided on the drive which contains all the data.

Atom

I am looking for the data documentation.  Now that the data is delivered electronically, there is no documentation.  Please advise. 

Hi @lsquier,

When you have a data license, and you log into community you can access it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Products-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/data-products-kb

Atom

I have a valid license, but it is still showing as access denied. ;-(

If you are signed into community with the same email you used to activate your key it should show up.  You can shoot our licensing team an email at fulfillment@alteryx.com if there looks to be a glitch.

Thanks!

Labels