Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Location Data Knowledge Base

Data methodologies, and Release schedules.

Error: The Melissa Data CASS engine appears to not be installed (can't find dll)

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Error: The Melissa Data CASS engine appears to not be installed (can't find dll)

***CASS is only avaliable with a spatial license. If you would like to trial CASS please reach out to your Alteryx Sales Account Executive.

Reasons for this error message:

• CASS data has yet to be installed on your machine and you are using a tool requiring CASS data (Business Match Macro (CAN) & (US); ConsumerView Matching Macro;Canada Geocoder; CASS; Parse Address; Street Geocoder; US Geocoder; US ZIP9 coder).
  • CASS has expired.
  • Mismatched between registry entries or install folders.
  • Not installing the CASS file correctly

Solutions:

• Use the download links (see 'How to download CASS'section below)to run the CASS download and extract the files to a location on your machine (You can use the same location as the previous install). Run the Datainstall.exe in the CASS download folder (Screenshot below).

11.png

This will take you to through the installation of the latest version of CASS. Click 'Next' all the way through the install of the latest data to the unistall section. When you get to the uninstall screen please make sure the previous versions of CASS are selected (Screenshot below).

22.png

Once selected press 'Next' , select the local directory or network install location and press 'Finish'. Click 'OK' when it asks if you are sure you want to delete the previous versions of CASS. Once CASS has installed hit 'Close' inthe CASS installer.

The 'The Melissa Data CASS engine appears to not be installed (can't find dll)' error should now dissapear once you open a new instance of Alteryx.

If the error does not dissapear it may be because some of the extracted files from previous CASS versions haveremained on the machine. If so, you can delete all CASS files manually from your windows explorer, and then reinstall the latest data again using the process outlined above.If you are unsure where you extracted and savedthe CASS files, type CASS into the windows explorer search function and follow the file path.

How to download CASS:

Reach out to your Sales Account Executive at Alteryx. If you are unsure who this is please emailSupportand they can connect you to with them.

Updating CASS:

A banner should appear below the tool Icons with a link to 'Go to download site'. This will take you to the Alteryx Download site where thelatest CASS update will be avaliableto download on the right hand side(Screenshots below).

***You will only see this banner if you have CASS installed already.

2.png

3.png

Additional Tips and Tricks:

Want to find out what version of CASS you are using? Run a workflow with a CASS tool and in the output it will tell you want version you are using.

5.png

After you have tried the above solutions and you are still getting an error message relating to Melissa Data CASSplease feel free to reach out toSupport

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client ServiceSupport Engineer

Comments
mvistime
5 - Atom

Another possible cause is that you have to have the geospacial edition, right?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Mvistime,

Thank you for the comment. You will need to have the Geospatial License to have the functionality of using CASS within the Business Match Macro (CAN) & (US); ConsumerView Matching Macro; Canada Geocoder; Street Geocoder; US Geocoder; US ZIP9 Coder. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Service Support Engineer 

mvistime
5 - Atom

Thanks Jordan.  I can't find a link anywhere to the CAAS file.  The article above says to download:

"in Alteryx Designer version 10.1 a banner should appear below the tool Icons with a link to 'Go to download site'."

I am on 10.1 and do not see a banner appear to go to the download site.  Is there another way to get there?

Thanks,

-M

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Mvistime,

I apologize for not making this clearer in my article but this banner will only appear within the designer (10.1) if you already have CASS installed. 

If you would like to trial CASS you will have to contact your Sales Account Executive and they would be happy to organize a trial for CASS. 

Thank you for your feedback on CASS and I will update my article as appropriate. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Services Support Engineer

caroldavisATL
5 - Atom

We moved from a network install to a local install. All data sets installed except for CASS. When installing, I get an error "The device is not ready".  It seems like it is trying to point to our old network install location that no longer exists, even though I am running the DataInstall.exe for CASS locally on the machine hosting all other data bundles and Alteryx Designer.

Help!

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @caroldavisATL

Please reach out to support. They will be able to assist with the most urgency and accuracy. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant