Location Data Knowledge Base

Data methodologies, and Release schedules.

Documentation: Q4 2021 Insights Data Packages

mweik
Created

Greetings Everyone!  

The Q4 2021 Business and Location Insights data packages are now available to plug into your analytic processes. The packages include analytics-ready data from a variety of vendors as well as data-specific analysis tools which will empower users to get the most from the packaged data. Here is what you can look forward to in this release:  

The Q4 2021 Simmons update will be postponed to provide an update set of variables in Q1 2022. MRI-Simmons will be providing new variables and have changed methodologies. If you use Simmons variables in US Experian Allocate Dataset or through the Behavior Analysis tools, they will no longer function after Q1 2022 Business & Location Insights release.

• These changes will break your workflows if you are using these variables.

Refreshed Data  
This contains quarterly updates for Nielsen DMAs, D&B Business Data, Experian Consumer View, Kalibrate TrafficMetrix, and TomTom datasets.

Updated Data
The US Geocoders, Address Points, Zip9Coder, and Experian ConsumerView were providing users with hybrid Census IDs from both 2010 and 2020. We attempted to map out these datasets to the 2010 Census IDs and removed 2020 Census ID references. The mapping of Census IDs has made it possible to associate dataset outputs without Allocate Append tool.

• Mapping Census ID values doesn’t provide the same accuracy for Census ID and there may be inaccurate CensusID results from the Geocoder around borders and boundaries.

Corrected Data 
While building our Q4 2021 D&B Business Summary dataset for Allocate, a defect was found in the Q3 2021 values for Total Employee related variables. We have posted about this defect on community with a complete list of impacted variables. This post can be found here:

Resources
All data packages are available via the Downloads and Licenses portal. US and Canada Business Insights customers will receive their hard drives later this week, but they are also welcome to download the data from the portal.  

All documentation packages are available for download: 2021_Q4_Documentation    .  

Enjoy the new data (and hopefully updated forecasts)! 

Additional Resources

Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @mweik ,

RE: Corrected Data
While building our Q4 2021 D&B Business Summary dataset for Allocate, a defect was found in the Q3 2021 values for Total Employee related variables. We have posted about this defect on community with a complete list of impacted variables."

Where is this post?  I don't recall receiving any notification.  I think a link to correction information, or at least notification of such should be in the email from Fulfillment, or at the very  least, in the release notes (Alteryx US Business Insights Q4 2021 Release Docs.pdf).

let me know, thanks.

mweik

Hi @mbarone ,

I agree, and I can update this post with a link.  In the meantime, here is the mentioned post: Notice: Defect Identified within Dun and Bradstreet Summary 

Best!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great, thanks!