Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Location Data Knowledge Base

Data methodologies, and Release schedules.

2023 Data Release Schedule

mweik
Created

The scheduled releases for the 2023 Business and Location Insights are as follows:

Data Vintage Client ship date 
Q1 2023May 8, 2023
Q2 2023August 11, 2023
Q3 2023November 13, 2023
Q4 2023February 12, 2024

The scheduled releases for CASS in 2023 are as follows:

Vintage Customer Release 
2023.02 February 28, 2023
2023.04 April 28, 2023
2023.06 June 30, 2023
2023.08 August 25, 2023
2023.10 October 27, 2023
2023.12 December 29, 2023

Comments
mike_weaver
8 - Asteroid

I know it gets asked every data release, but I see there's still no Census 2020 SF1 Data. Do you have any update on when that Census 2020 SF1 Data will be released? 

TomDiroff
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ford was also asking about the 2020 census info too.. is there any update?

M_Montgomery
5 - Atom

When will 2020 Census Ids be fully integrated into Street Geocoder? Will it be in the same vintage that 2020 SF1 data are released?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Anyone notice that while the 2020 census is in the 2023 Q2 install, the folder structure is a bit wonky?

Previously the structure was:

[directory]\DataProducts\Portfolio\ALTERYX_US_Census_2010_SF1_23A

and then there was only a bunch of subfolders in there.

Now, for the 2020 census, if you look in 

[directory]\DataProducts\Portfolio\ALTERYX_US_Census_2020_DHC_23A

there is nothing but one folder called Data, and that folder has all the subfolders (including one called data).

in order to register, you have to move everything up a level so it's the same as the 2010 structure.

JeffVR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello Michael, how are those zip points working out?

Sorry about this, there was an issue with the initial uploaded installer. This was caught early in the week and anyone who downloaded after Tuesday is not impacted.

For those that have and are still stuck you do not have to redownload data if you do not want to. The original download had duplicated data folders as Michael has mentioned. You can modify an a configuration file after the installation in your C:\Program Data\AlteryxC:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets directory.

This is a bit advanced and tricky, so I asked that anyone facing this issue reach out to me directly and I can join a call to assist you. Apologies to our customers impacted.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JeffVR ,  the module I have to register the zip points didn't seem to work (kept getting an error when I tried to use the allocate tool).  I only had about 10 mins to spend on it, and from what I say the INI files were also a bit strange looking when it came to the VGF files (looks like some where commented out).  I'm in the middle of a high profile project and just didn't have time to mess with it so I uninstalled the allocate data set, reinstalled, and decided to forget about the points.  I'll probably do that going forward, as I've transitioned what I was using them for in the allocate set over to using them within the bus analytics (D&B) set (since that set has the actual addresses of the businesses, even if it's a point).