Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Archived Training

Fuzzy Matching - Intermediate Users

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Description:

Names and addresses are a great example of where you may have multiple records for someone due to a slight difference of spelling, abbreviation or punctuation. Fuzzy Matching identifies records which are probably the same person/business which allows you to remove duplicates.

You'll learn how to:

• Use Fuzzy Matching to find which customer records are the same customers but with slight differences in spelling/punctuation/abbreviation
  • Navigate the custom settings and better understand the pros and cons of the default matching styles

Tool sets/processes covered:

Presenter:  @CailinS

Date: 2016-07-26

Alteryx Designer Version: 10.5

3 REPLIES 3
AkshayBV
5 - Atom

Thanks for the excellent training

MattBenj
9 - Comet

In both of your Fuzzy Match training videos you show your inverted triangle diagram. The second step down you say "Record pairs found where ALL keys match". Does this mean that the tool looks to see if there are any instances were keys for two records are exact matches? 

I am asking this question because I have a case where Fuzzy Match is generating keys but there are some instances where my keys are identical but the tool is not producing a match. I am trying to understand if that is what this portion of your triangle tab is referring to.

MattBenj
9 - Comet

Looks like I jumped the gun on this question. More details were provided at 33 mins of this video.