Live Training

Join our live sessions led by expert instructors to level-up your analytic prowess and Alteryx product knowledge.

In-Database Processing

developer_series.png
Published on ‎05-13-2021 06:09 PM by | Updated on ‎08-19-2021 08:58 AM

Working with large database instances? Why waste time moving data to and from the database server? See how to utilize the In-Database tools to blend and analyze the data directly within the database environment to realize significant performance improvements.  

At the time of the event, please join the session HERE.

Recordings will be posted 1-2 business days following the event.

Please refer to the attachments of this event in the bottom right corner to download a calendar invite.

This event is a part of a larger six part series series. You will find this session useful if you are looking simply to learn more on the topic covered. If you want to participate in future sessions, look out for the following events:

• Intro to REST APIs
  • Iterative Macros
  • Building Chained Applications
  • Python Integration with Designer
  • In-Database Processing
  • Parsing with Regular Expressions

Session Playback

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, Aug 18, 2021 10:00 AM PDT
End:
Wed, Aug 18, 2021 11:00 AM PDT
Labels (1)
Attachments
0 Likes
3 Comments
Terry_M
4 - Baryon

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a way to get access to the best practice workflow which covers macro for reference. The DB connection piece can be excluded if it has sensitive information.

Thanks.

Terry

Hi @Terry_M 

Please see below.

I used Dynamic in-DB here. Text file has two fields as connection and query. Connection is the field name of you already defined in your manage in-DB connections. Query is the query you like to run. I designed here as an application, so it it will ask you to enter connection name and query. After runs, it will show you the records. When you share this workflow, assuming your users have own connection info already is defined. The beauty of this method you are independent to write any query. Please let me know if this is you want to achieve.

Albert

albert_alaluf_0-1629376926935.png

Thank you so much for sharing.