Videos

Get your skills in gear with hours and hours of videos on topics ranging from beginner to advanced.

Tips and Tricks - I Never Knew That!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Description: 

Even for experienced Alteryx users, there are moments where you see someone else do something cool in Alteryx and say "I didn't know you could do that!" This session shows a wide variety of features and shortcuts that can save you lots of time and just make life easier.

You'll learn how to:

• Work quicker and more efficiently in Alteryx

Tool sets/processes covered:

• A wide range of tools and features

Date: 2017-04-25

Version: 11.0

Presented by@JoeM

IJH34
8 - Asteroid

Where can I obtain a copy of the dataset that will be used during the live training sessions?

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@IJH34, datasets are typically attached at the bottom to the posts in the form of a .yxmd or .yxzp. This training today will not be using a particular dataset, so nothing is attached.

LalaLele66
7 - Meteor

Fantastic session! I learned several tips and short cuts! Alteryx was already saving me time with data prep. These tips will save even more time!

My favorites today:

• Aligning Vertically and Horizontally - I've spent way too much time moving an icon just right so it's vertical with the other icons. Ctrl+ Shift+ "+" and they are all aligned. Nice for us detail oriented folks!
  • When using the Select Tool, selecting or deselecting all the fields at once. I knew there had to be a trick, just couldn't figure it out! 

Thank you so much for this session!!!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@LalaLele66 I am so glad you found it useful! It's funny, sometimes we miss some "tricks" that others may figure out in a month, so we are sure to mention a lot! You won't go back after using the workflow alignment shortcuts!

mcummins
5 - Atom

Video unavailable. Can it be reposted?