Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Leeds, UK

Welcome to the Leeds UK User Group!

DThorpe
5 - Atom

Hello User Group Members!

Welcome to the Alteryx User Group Comminity for Leeds, UK.

I'm very excited to get this new community running and meeting all the passionate Alteryx users in Leeds and the North!

Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself;

1. What is your name and industry you work in?
  2. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  3. What areas would you like to grow in?

Thanks

David

28 REPLIES 28
PaulRB
8 - Asteroid

Hi David, you know me!

LIke yourself I work in Retail. In my case I am part of the Data Science and Optimisation team within the eCommerce Operations department.

I use Alteryx every day to combine data from many sources within our organisation in order to help colleagues in our stores make better informed decisions when they are forced to substitute an item ordered by a customer.

I would like to lean more about the advanced/predictive analysis tools in Alteryx.

Paul

AmmaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi David,

I just joined Alteryx and live in Leeds I would love to get involved with the Leeds User Group Meeting.

When is the next meeting?

I look forward to it.

Kind regards

Amma

PaulRB
8 - Asteroid

Hi Amma, welcome to the group.

At the moment we have not set a date for our first meeting. The group has 11 members now, but 4 of those are from Alteryx. While they will support us in many ways, I doubt they will by flying over to Leeds to attend our meetings in person!

Still, 7 members and growing! 

As David asked in the post at the top of the page, tell us a little about your business and your use of Alteryx.

Many of us in the group work for the same major retail business who's head office is in Leeds. If you know Leeds, it won't be hard to work out which company that is.

Paul

AmmaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the warm welcome, this is much appreciated!

So more about me, I just recently started working at Alteryx, I love the technology and come from a background in Business Intelligence and Information Management.

My role is 100%  client focused,  I am committed to ensuring our users have a excellent experience using Alteryx and deliver maximum value/ROI as a direct result of using Alteryx's unique capabilities..  

It would be great to identify and create more Alteryx ROCKSTARS in and around the North.

Another of my key objectives is to grow the LEEDS usergroup :)  and bring new users to the party.

If I can add any value or support our Leeds community then please reach out to me I will do my best to help.

Best

Amma

PaulRB
8 - Asteroid

Ah, I did not realise you also work for Alteryx. Unlike the other Alteryx group members, the word "Alteryx" does not appear next to your user name. It is great that Alteryx have a representative and expert in our local area. Perhaps we can arrange for you to visit at my company's office and meet other Alteryx users within my origanisation. We have regular meetings for our "analytics networking group" where we discuss our use of the tools available within our organisation such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI and so on. If you are interested, I can make enquiries with the organisers of that group. 

AmmaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the confusion, Im not sure why my id doesn't show the Alteryx badge - I will investigate and fix it.  That's me showing my newness to the team so please bear with me whilst I learn the ropes!

Absolutely I would to come to meet you and other users at your offices - if you prefer you can reach me on aainsley@alteryx.com and we can agree a mutually convenient time and day.  I would look forward to it.

In addition it would be great to come and join the analytics networking group, I could bring my highly skilled team to show off all the new features to be released in v11 if that is valuable to you...

Irrespective ping me a mail and we can get the ball rolling!

SamHolmes_dup_282
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David! I remember meeting you at the Inspire event last year in London.

I was working for Javelin in my Year of Industry last year, but now I am back in Leeds doing my final year.

I am looking to use Alteryx to spatially analyse student recruitment across the UK this year for my dissertation.

Are there any events / meets planned soon?

Thanks

Sam

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SamHolmes_dup_282! We currently don't have any meetings immediately planned out but if you are interested we certainly can use the help! :)

SamHolmes_dup_282
6 - Meteoroid

Sure thing Lauren!

As / when you need a hand with anything let me know.