Leeds, UK

Q3 2020 Meeting - Call for Presenters, Topics & Feedback

RichBirch
7 - Meteor

As we're planning the next sessions we'd like to hear everyone's views on content or topics you'd like to see or discuss.  Share, share, share!!!

• Is there a particular topic you want to hear about and discuss?
  • Do you have a use case to share?
  • Would you like to know how do something specific that you haven't been able to achieve?
  • Would you be interested in completing a group-wide weekly challenge and sharing your solutions in the meeting?
  • Have you got your own challenge you'd like to share?
  • Is there something else you'd like to know or hear about?

Let us know what would you like to get from the group meetings!  Drop your comments and feedback by reply, or reach out to the group leaders.

It's always great to hear about the personal journey users have been on.  We now have over 70 members in the group, which is fantastic!!  I'm sure there will be some really interesting stories out there.

Thanks all!

Rich

7 REPLIES 7
danjohnsonM
8 - Asteroid

Basic introduction into Macros would be a helpful topic as i have found the jump from data prep to macros can be a bit tricky

RichBirch
7 - Meteor

Hi @danjohnsonM 

You may have seen this already, but if not there are a whole host of different webcasts including a session on Macros taking place as part of the Alteryx Acadamy Summer Camp.  Take a look and if this sounds useful you can sign up from the link.

Rich

benmillea
7 - Meteor

Hi Rich. 

We're struggling with fuzzy address matching and we're not getting much help from our Account Manager. If any of the Leeds user group have managed to nail this and would be willing to give us a demo, that would be really beneficial for us.

Our main use of this function would be matching one dataset against another and excluding any duplicate matches from the output. At present, we can only do a basic exact match on address line 1 and postcode. But we need to be able to match, for example, "10 High Street" against "10 High St." and exclude.

Many thanks

Ben

RichBirch
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben!

Are there any resources on the community that have helped you so far?

Throwing it out to the group...  Does anyone have previous experience with this who could assist?  @DavidThorpe, any pointers?

I've yet to really use the Fuzzy Match tool myself so agree this would be a great subject to hear more about and see if we can tackle this in the session.

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry I'm late to the party here, hope everyone is well!

@benmillea Nice to meet you! Would be good to hear some of the challenges you're specifically facing with Fuzzy Matching and to @RichBirch's point of what Community materials you've found valuable.

I'd advise a 'waterfalling' approach, such as below: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Best-practice-for-name-and-address-fuz...

Thanks!

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @danjohnsonM 

Hopefully you managed to/are planning to attend one of our Macro training sessions - if not, would love to hear more about why/what your challenges are around Macros. 

Also, don't forget to leverage out Virtual Solution Centre if you have specific challenges:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Virtual-Solution-Center/tkb-p/vsc

Thanks!

Felix776
8 - Asteroid

Hi all!

I am a bit of a newbie in Alteryx, only started the journey in January. I think something on investigation / predictive grouping / forecasting would be great? If anyone could share their think path when using those tools? I guess there is no right or wrong answers but only a "best to attach" a systematic approach for typical predictive problems.

Many Thanks

Felix