Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Kansas City, MO

Welcome to the Kansas City User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

KC Alteryx User Group Meeting 1Q23 - Video, Recap & Materials

mpennington
11 - Bolide

All,

Thank you for attending our first meetup of 2023. Bit of a rocky start, as I adjusted to driving the Zoom meeting myself, so I apologize for any confusion. I definitely need to work on my presentation skills, but hopefully there was some good material there. We had two presentations and provided some community updates. My presentation starts about 9 minutes in on the attached video and I covered a modular approach to building batch files for Tableau Server, utilizing Tabcmd. Process allowed for the batch creation of hundreds of PDF reports with multiple filters applied systematically using the Append tool, as the star of the show. The attached Append workbook, covers the process. Afterward, Sean Bolte (about 22 minutes in) presented an advanced use case of multiple tools and workflows for batch processing and data flow monitoring. Sean's process utilizes daisy chained event processing, report building, emailing updates, SharePoint lists, Python, Alteryx apps on Tableau server and a whole host of other tools to process and interact with the massive amounts of data his team has to work with on a daily basis. It was a fantastic presentation, hopefully it sparked ideas for the community. I mentioned we are planning to host the next meetup in person (I actually said virtual, so I'm hoping everyone was able to understand my intent, despite my awkward delivery), so I'm hoping to see everyone out in the next quarter. If you have thoughts, ideas or would like to speak, I would love to hear from you. I did also mention an employment opportunity with a heavy emphasis on Tableau developers (but Alteryx users are always warmly received), in case anyone is looking for a career change. Feel free to reach out or you can find more about that position on our website.  Thanks to all for taking the time to join us, we really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Michael & Ashley

0 REPLIES 0